cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to log into CCX Editor Version 11

aaron.banks11
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason I can't log into the CCX editor. Version 11.  I've tried as an administrator, using IP, using hostname and I get a com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException:java.net.SocketException: Permission denied error (see attached screenshot).

Bad install or DNS problem or ?

Thank you for any suggestions.

11 Replies 11

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

Are you using same credentials as when logging in to uccx administration page?

You can use stand alone mode to edit downloaded scripts as a work around. 

Yes same credentials.  I actually need to be logged in so I can do reactive debugging.

Make sure your UCCX Application Administrator account, which is local and special to UCCX, does not have the same name as a User in CUCM.  I've seen people mess this up before, especially since the Application Administrator account doesn't show up anywhere in the GUI for you to actually know what it is.

E.g., Application Administrator is uccxadmin, and then someone built an account in CUCM of uccxadmin, and now you cannot login to UCCX with uccxadmin.

You might find this interesting Anthony.  I was using (or trying to use) the CCX editor within a VM image.  If I connected from my laptop (i.e. not in the VM), the connection worked fine.  So something is going on in the virtual machine itself.  That's disappointing.  I was hoping to work on my multi-tasking skills ;).

I use CCX Editors all the time within a VM.  In fact, since I am a consultant, I have to log into all different versions of UCCX, from v7 (yep!) to v11.5.  So, I spin up a different VM for each client's environment.

My main method for using the Editor however is not to run reactive debugs, so I cannot say how well that works, but I did want to mention that I've run my VMs in both NIC bridged and NAT modes with success.

My VM setup is a combination of Oracle VirtualBox (free) and Win7 (also free*).

*Sort of free.  The use is limited to dev work, and is also limited to like 4x 90 day re-arms.

I had the same problem and resolved it by setting it to "Run as Administrator" and set compatibility mode to "Windows XP Service Pack 3"

drbabbers
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Aaron,

I have the same issue all of a sudden! :/ No idea on this one. I also access from a Windows 7 VM.

Thanks

D

You know the only way I overcame the login was to log in anonymously.  I tested scripts using a lab and no VM so I could do reactive debugging.

costaspal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

Adding the https URL (both using hostname & IP) of CUCCX server in Java's 'Exception Site List' (Security tab)

and

running the Editor with admin priviledges, did it for me !

I did both steps at the same time so, cannot tell if both are needed but I didn't waste another second on it to be sure...

(I have Win10 PC, Java 8 (buid 191), CUCCX 11.6.1.10000-51)

Hope it helps.

Costas

That's cool that you found something which worked for you.  I can say that I have never added the HTTPS URL for UCCX in Java, so I'm thinking that this wasn't your fix, rather the other action is likely the winner.  Either way, thanks for posting.

Ken Beck
Level 4
Level 4

A customer of mine just had this issue.  The username is case-sensitive.  Make sure it's entered as configured on UCCX (pulled in from UCM).