Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade ECE 12.5 to 12.6

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

currently, I have a plan to upgrade Cisco ECE version 12.5 to version 12.6 with Collocated Deployment Design running 24 hours and single side, not HA Design, in this discussion I want to ask regarding document upgrade.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_chat_email/enterprise_chat_email_12_6_1/Installation/Guide/ece_126_upgrade_guide.pdf

There are two types of upgrade procedures defined in this document:

1. in-place upgrade (same server)
  2. New server upgrade

my question is

1. if we choose a New server upgrade it have with same IP **bleep** or not?

because the document can't state how if we run different IP Addresses how step integration to MR-PG because as I know currently we still have old server connections,

if anyone have some experience with this please let me know in this discussion.

3 Replies 3

Better to do with an In-place upgrade. During this time all the emails will be in the Email server/Queue.  Post upgrade, ECE will pull the emails from the exchange without any issues.

A new server upgrade is also fine but you have to do many things to complete it.

Regards,
Ram.S

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Agree with @Ramamoorthy Shanmugam ... if you have the option between in-place or tech refresh for ECE, do the in-place upgrade. If migrating the database and updating its schema was as easy as using something like EDMT, then I would suggest that, but because it's a cumbersome process, stick to in-place. Make sure you take a snapshot of the VM before proceeding.

I also agree with your suggestion but currently, we must present pros and cons regarding 2 options as a document state, and we must calculate the options for minimum downtime because currently, my ECE running for a big service integrated with Sosmed (Twitter, FB, IG and WhatsApp for live chat beside email) and the document I think limited information (not deep)  regarding step upgrade.