cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VVB/Finesse 12.5 RTMT log collection issue

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

Having issue with collecting log files for VOSS application ( Finesse/VVB) in release 12.5. I also have tried workaround by updating host file on laptop and still have issue with collecting logs. 

Does anyone know If this issue has been fix ? 

RTMT tool not working in 12.5
CSCvs09607
Defect says it fixed. 
If anyone has another workaround besides CLI, please post it here. I do not have better luck using CLI. 
7 Replies 7

That bug is for UCCX, what is the exact issue you're seeing with RTMT?

david

What error/issue do you get?

Also, you may find this post of interest, it has some other suggestions as well.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/rtmt-error-quot-no-services-systems-logs-selected-for-trace/td-p/4123843?dtid=osscdc000283

I have tried workaround from above link and still have issue with collecting logs.

Right, so like David asked as well, what error message/issue/response do you get?

After I select option to collect logs, I am seeing message pop up "No Services/System logs selected for trace collection"

Patrick.LABAU
Level 1
Level 1

To Workaround this:

To use the Trace and Log Central feature, make sure that RTMT can directly access the node or all of the nodes in a cluster.
Make sure that the ip/host information of the Server Node(s) is present in the host file where RTMT Client tool is installed. (Linux - "/etc/hosts" ; Windows - "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts" )

Example:
192.168.1.10 FinesseNode1.xyzdomain.org FinesseNode1
192.168.1.13 FinesseNode2.xyzdomain.org FinesseNode2

That worked for my lab instance of VVB 12.5(1) thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: