cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Connect - how to access it from my org?

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just finished a WxCC training where we used Webex Connect & Webex Engage to integrate chat, email, messenger etc.

Sadly, after the training, i actually dont know how to access Webex Connect from my own Org. It has Webex Contact center, all works fine, i can access Webex Engage via "Digital Channels" too. But how do i get to Webex Connect?
I remember that the URL for Webex Connect is Tenant Name + Location + webexconnect.io - so for my org, that is located in Europe, it should be [myorgname].uk.webexconnect.io - this URL does work, but i cannot login with my Full Admin. I cant find any documentation on that online either - what is required for an admin to login to Webex Connect?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi There, 

Further information, It may not directly answer your query, but may helpful to know. 

Do you remember the admin user account that you selected when you provisioned the digital channel from the control hub? This user should get a provisioning email from Webex Connect (support@imiconnect.com).

ShalidKurunnanChalil_1-1707234804683.png

The user should click on the link in the email and complete the provisioning. This admin user becomes the owner of the Webex Connect org. 

The activation email is valid for 24 hours and if you didn't activate it, then you may have to contact Cisco support to help you further. (webexcalling-phd@cisco.com

Additional users can be created by the above owner by adding Teammates in the connect portal with appropriate user roles. 

ShalidKurunnanChalil_2-1707235066645.png

you may find the following portal useful: https://docs.imi.chat/docs/getting-started-with-webex-engage 

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Don't try and log into it with the full partner admin login, you won't see it. Create a new admin user in WebexCC, and have them log in and then you should see it. There are a lot of nuances like that where you would think the "more powerful" account doesn't see/can't do things that more newly created/external accounts can.

Sorry, bad wording by me - its not a partner active, its an admin user i created directly in Webex CH for that org. What do you mean,  create a new admin user in WebexCC - i cant create users in WebexCC, only in control hub, right?

Hi there, 

Did you try to cross-launch the Webex engage from the Control hub?

CH >> Service >> Contact center >> Overview and showed as in the screenshot. 

ShalidKurunnanChalil_0-1707230118597.png

Regarding the users, once you have created the user in the CH, assign the contact center admin role/licenses, and then from the contact center>> General, ensure that you click on "Synchronise Users".  The user should appear in the Contact center users. 

Regards, 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Hi, as the title says this is about Webex Connect, not Webex Engage

Hi,

Apologies, my bad.

Ideally, you should be getting option to use WebEx SSO when you access the WebEx connect? Are you getting this option at all ?

regards

Hi There, 

Further information, It may not directly answer your query, but may helpful to know. 

Do you remember the admin user account that you selected when you provisioned the digital channel from the control hub? This user should get a provisioning email from Webex Connect (support@imiconnect.com).

ShalidKurunnanChalil_1-1707234804683.png

The user should click on the link in the email and complete the provisioning. This admin user becomes the owner of the Webex Connect org. 

The activation email is valid for 24 hours and if you didn't activate it, then you may have to contact Cisco support to help you further. (webexcalling-phd@cisco.com

Additional users can be created by the above owner by adding Teammates in the connect portal with appropriate user roles. 

ShalidKurunnanChalil_2-1707235066645.png

you may find the following portal useful: https://docs.imi.chat/docs/getting-started-with-webex-engage 

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Hi Shalid,

thank you, i had no idea that you have to use one specific Account to provision the digital Channels - i did that with my Lab Admin, who is on another email, but never checked his inbox, so i assume that must be the case. I will check the mailbox of that lab admin and then see if i can make it work, thank you!