Views
Helpful
Replies

7942G VPN on CUCM 8.6

Dustin Peet
Level 1
Level 1

I've followed the steps listed on the page of:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/115785-anyconnect-vpn-00.html

and the user has successfully downloaded the LSC file when the phone was connected to the LAN (LSC status: Upgrade Success).

When the users takes the phone home and plugs it into her home network, it starts up, says, "Registering", then "Configuring IP", and then displays a date/time that is years off, and then cycles through it all again.

I've looked through the application, syslog, and sdi and I don't see much along the line of it failing to register during the timeframe when I know it should have shown up.

I don't understand the output the the phone is giving.  Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dustin,

I would suggest checking the following troubleshooting guide to verify the config / settings on cucm, ASA and IP phone.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/116162-trouble-anyconnect-vpn-phone-00.html

Let us know if it helps.

Manish

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

It sounds like the VPN profile hasn't been applied to the phone properly. If the phone has a VPN profile, when it can't "see" a CUCM server, it automatically brings up the VPN login page.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure you have hard set the alternate TFTP on the phone.  Do you have auto network detect enabled on the VPN profile?  If not, the user needs to manually go into the settings to try to connect to the VPN.

You'll want to pull the console logs from the phone's webpage as these have detailed information about the VPN connection attempt and why it fails if it attempts to connect at all.  Completely reboot the phone removing power as well then boot it up and pull the logs after 5 minutes.  That should show the full process of the phone booting up, reading in the VPN config, and then trying to connect.

Edit: You'll need to access the phone's webpage using the local IP address from a PC connected to the same remote router.  If web access isn't currently enabled, you'll need to bring the phone back into the LAN to enable web access first.