Views
Helpful
Replies

announcement on no answer while phones keep ringing

ilmatte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I have the following request and I'm trying to find a way to accomplish it. We have a Cisco call manager with an hunt pilot which alerts some agents. When no one of these answers inside a specified timeout, I want the phones keep ringing, but an announcement being played back to the caller saying: "dear customer, our agents can't answer at the moment but be patient and kindly wait on the line".

Reading other posts it appears to me that this requires Cisco unity connection to be setup, but I don't exactly know how. Can somebody give me some hint or link to relevant resources?

Best regards,

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Similar question like in your other post:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications-infrastructure/play-announcement-while-no-one-answers/td-p/5146761

Move your corresponding huntpilots to UCCX and use UCCX for such scenarios.

CUCM and Unity are not designed for such scenarios. They are telephony systems and voicemail systems, and not contact centers.

Hi @b.winter , thank you for your reply. I already read that post but it's not exactly written how practically you can set up a CCX script whithout using Finesse licenses.

I already posted a question here: Solved: CCX script for announcement while alerting - Cisco Community

I have been answered that CCX cannot solve this problem, but CUC +CUCM can.

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

Any particular reason you wouldn't use native queuing on CUCM? There is an option on Music on Hold audio source configuration to play "Periodic Announcement" after specified period of time. Anyway, you can check out the feature if it fits, and if so, please take a look at https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications-infrastructure/transfer-to-hunt-pilot-with-queuing-enabled/td-p/5143448 for saving some time with all the traps you might encounter

BR

Hi Goran, thank you for having answered. I actually want to use native queueing on CUCM. It works when all the agents are actually busy. But when they are not and for some reason they arent answering the call, I want the phones to keep ringing and at the same time playback an announcement saying (please stay on hold, someone will answer your call soon...)

I am afraid this is not possible to achieve, but no one has explicitly said that yet...

To have an announcement played while an available agent is being located requires a contact center application and is not possible in CUCM with or without Native Call Queuing.

The closest you could get would be to have the call roll to CUC as the Final Forwarding Behavior, have CUC play an announcement with the After Greeting Action roll out to a different hunt pilot (with the same or different Line Groups). But that would start the ringing again back from the beginning. (Or you could split your Line Groups up and do some magic with that.)

What you are asking for is Call Center behavior.

Maren

Just reiterating,  @ilmatte  is looking for a solution to play an announcement to the caller, instead of the ringback tone, while the call is ringing on the user's phone (queue or hunt group members).

This isn't achievable with a CUCM setup, or even with the combination of CUCM and CUC. When using CUC, the caller will still hear the ringback tone while the call rings on the user's IP phone.

However, If I am correct, you might be able to use CCX, where you can change the "Network Hold Audio Source" to an announcement for a specific control group. You can then use this call control group when creating an application. If I am correct, when the CCX performs the consult transfer to the agent, the caller hears this announcement/tone. Typically, we update this with a proper ringtone to use with the CCX.

Network Hold Audio Source

Audio source heard by the caller when Unified CCX performs a Consult Transfer (when Unified CCX calls an agent). Use this entry for the .wav file (for example, .wav file playing a ringback tone) to be played to the caller during this Consult Transfer.

Regards,

Shalid

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

As others have mentioned, the optimal solution is the UCCX. If you prefer to use the native calling feature of CUCM, you should ask agents to log out from the Hunt group when they are not avaibaile. Phone users can log in or out of the hunt groups using the HLog softkey or the Hunt Group line button on their IP phones. As far as I know, when no agents are logged in, the hold message will be triggered and this way caller will hear "dear customer, our agents can't answer at the moment but be patient and kindly wait on the line".

Response Signature