cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console wont open

andy_4578
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console - when clicking the icon the login screen comes up and we put in the details but the console doesnt appear on screen i have tried it on windoes XP and 7 also tried older version of java.

Also reset the attendant service on the server still no joy

Console screen doesnt appear happens on all computers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andy

I had a similar problem with AC not opening recently and had to restart the Cisco CTIManager service. It may be worth a shot.

Regards

Mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Andy,

What version of AC and CUCM are you using.

Does the user who is logged on to the PC have FULL admin rights to the PC? From memory they need admin rights to a particular area but can't seem to find my notes at the moment.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

The version we use CUCM version 6.1 and the attendant console that ships with it.

Yes they have admin rights to the acclient and to test they currently got local admins

On windows 7 client i have tried the compatibility options

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Been a while since I've done this, however from memory this can happen if the PCs can't resolve the DNS name of the CUCM (even if you have put the IP address into the Attendant console screen).

For example, on CUCM, if you've defined your Pub as "CUCMPUB1" with an IP address of 10.1.1.1, your PC running AC needs to be able to resolve CUCMPUB1 - even if you've entered 10.1.1.1 into the AC logon screen.

Add a local hosts entry for the name of the Pub, and see if this helps.

Barry

Just added it to the host file and tested still doesnt open we still get alerts from the console alerting that there is an active call when exiting but that is the only screen we can see we also get the icon on the taskbar.

Andy

I had a similar problem with AC not opening recently and had to restart the Cisco CTIManager service. It may be worth a shot.

Regards

Mark