michael_luo
Level 1
Level 1

I was testing B-ACD on CME 7.1.  The call flow should be:

1) caller calls pilot point 3500

2) caller hears welcome prompt

3) caller press 2 to go to hunt-group 3210

4) caller press 0 to go to extension 3002

The symptom was: B-ACD didn't play welcome prompt and ring extension 3002 directly (playing music on hold at the same time).  Debug messages says:

Jan 25 16:36:33.151 CET: //22//TCL :/tcl_PutsObjCmd: TCL AA: ++ Playing Welcome Prompt and options menu ++
Jan 25 16:36:33.371 CET: %IVR-3-APP_ERR: TCL AA: +++ Enable DTMF Relay in dialpeer +++

I do have DTMF Relay in dialpeer.  So I guess it's a misleading message  that actually indicate the digit-collection process didn't get any digit  input.

Attached are the router config and debug output.

Any hints would be appreciated!

Michael

8 Replies 8

michael_luo
Level 1
Level 1

Update: if the caller was one of the CME phones, it works fine.  If the  caller is external, it doesn't work.  So how do we troubleshoot this  error?

"%IVR-3-APP_ERR: TCL AA: +++ Enable DTMF Relay in dialpeer +++"

Thanks!

Michael

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Couple of quick thoughts:

1. Are we sure the syntax for for the following: "paramspace english location flash://bacdprompts/" is correct?  Should it be "paramspace english location flash:/bacdprompts/" without the extra "/"?

2. Do you have both en_bacd_welcome.au and en_bacd_options_menu.au located in the bacdprompts folder on flash?

3. Do you have custom prompts recorded? It is important that they are formatted properly.  Otherwise they will not play.

4. Could you provide a "debug voip dialpeer" to ensure that it is hitting dial peer 222 instead of 3000, dial-peer 222 may need reside above 3000.

I guess it's something related to dial-peer matching because internal caller works fine but external caller didn't work.

Attached is the debug dial-peer output.  It was matching dial-peer 222.  But I'm not sure if the message below was relevant:

.Jan 25 17:15:37.379 CET: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Result=NO_MATCH(-1) After All Match Rules Attempt
.Jan 25 17:15:37.611 CET: %IVR-3-APP_ERR: TCL AA: +++ Enable DTMF Relay in dialpeer +++

By the way, after some more tests, it looks like incoming call from POTS dial-peer works fine.  Incoming call from VoIP dial-peer doesn't work.  So it got to be something related to codec/dtmf-relay.  But I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Ok, I got it fixed but don't quite understand why it worked this way.

The incoming call was from a SIP trunk to CME.  With dialed number = 3500, there could be two potential matched dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 3000 voip
voice-class codec 1
incoming called-number 3...$
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
!
dial-peer voice 222 voip
service aa
destination-pattern 3500
session target ipv4:10.10.110.3
incoming called-number 3500
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Since the B-ACD was complaining about DTMF-Relay, I thought it might be the DTMF-Relay settings on different dial-peers (3000 and 222).  So I tried the following:

1) I changed dial-peer 3000.  Set dtmf-relay = h245-alphanumeric.  This doesn't work.  I guess for SIP, we'll have to use rtp-nte?  So I revert it back to dtmf-relay = rtp-nte.

2) I changed dial-peer 222.  Set ftmf-relay = rtp-nte.  This seems to solve the problem.  B-ACD plays welcome prompt as expected.

My questions are:

1) From "debug voip dialpeer", I don't see dial-peer 3000 being matched at all.  So I guess dial-peer 3000 should be out of the picture?

2) For H323 dial-peers, what's the effect of using rtp-nte instead of h245-alphanumeric?

3) How does B-ACD script detect dtmf issue immediately (before user got a chance to actually press any key)?

Thanks!

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Your troubleshooting saved my day.

Saif

After 8 years your answer still valid, you saved me a lot of troubleshooting, 

Thank you!

As far as I can tell dial-peer 3000 is not being used but I think further debugs are required to verify in all situations.

debug voice ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

debug voip dialpeer

Someone else will have to explain the differences between rtp-nte and dfmf-relay but I would just verify in all scenarios that you can actually press digit options during the B-ACD prompts. Also make sure you can dial outbound to an external IVR and make sure pressing digits work as well and call it a day.

I do not know why it needs any DTMF information before digits are pressed but I have not looked at the TCL script closely.

Thanks Michael,

Your troubleshooting saved me a lot of time!!!

Christos.