cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Best' Current Attendant Console Client?

Philip Denton
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I know Cisco discontinued their own Java-based CUAC client a couple years ago in favor of positioning Arc's Attendant Console client(s) instead.  Unfortunately, my client upgraded from 7.1(2) to 8.5(x) last year and they really need an AC Client so they ended up going with the Arc solution.  Their end users hated it so I've been tasked with finding them another Attendant Console application.

What are you leading with for AC nowadays?  Are you sticking with the Cisco/Arc route or going for a third party?  I've started researching Fidelus Console, Bridge Operator, IQ NetSolutions, and PeterConnects Attendant but I'm curious what the rest of the community is using.

Any insights, experiences, or Pros and Cons you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amy,

We ended up choosing VistaPoint by IQNetSolutions.  I think we ended up looking at Fidelus and the Bridge Operator Console as well and VistaPoint ended up being the best for the client.  It's been four years since I had to do this evaluation so I don't remember much about the details but I have attached the comparison I put together at the time.  Feel free to ping me with questions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in the general experience for these alternate solutions as well.  From what I have read, the Fidelus Console looks attractive because it is a client application only, no backend server required (which IS the case with CUxAC, and IQ Netsolutions).  I am not familar with Bridge or PeterConnects.

This is a pretty big and broad topic to cover in short format. For our deployments at customers in the Nordic countries we use pretty advanced, and also expencive, attendant console/rich precense/referal solutions. Reason for this is the long tradition amongst companies/public sector in that region to have these kind of system as a part of the over all telefony implementation. Outside of that geografic area I've only seen demand for this kind of solution in Germany and Holland, but I know that these systems also have seen use in Australia, of course they may be used in many other countries that I'm not aware of.

These are the applications that we have, or still do, install for this customer base.Trio Enterprise ConsoleVision 80/20Aastra CMG

Out of these I would rank Trio as the top choice, with Vision in second place. CMG I would not recommend.

Besides these I have also seen AndTEK AC and also IQ Netsolutions VistaPoint, both of these are much smaller, and cheaper, solutions then the tree above. Out of the two I would say that the AndTEK solution is far superior to VistaPoint, VP is no more than a direct replacement to Cisco AC, with the same limitations that it had.

Please rate useful posts.

Response Signature

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Here is some more discussion on the topic.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3737894#3737894

barry
Level 7
Level 7

A vote for Fidelus (and no, I don't work for them). Simple, cheap(ish), doesn't require a server and installs in about 10 minutes. Several clients using it, and no complaints.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Network Consultant

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Also have Fidelus deployed at various clients and nothing but positive results and feedback.  Very similar to how the pre 8.0 Cisco AC functioned.

HTH,

Chris

Amy Thacker
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Philip, 

Which solution did you end up going with? Are you still going with that solution when you have an upgrade? 

I know this is a blast from the past, but I'm just curious on your feedback. 

Thanks!

Amy,

We ended up choosing VistaPoint by IQNetSolutions.  I think we ended up looking at Fidelus and the Bridge Operator Console as well and VistaPoint ended up being the best for the client.  It's been four years since I had to do this evaluation so I don't remember much about the details but I have attached the comparison I put together at the time.  Feel free to ping me with questions.

Hi Philip, 

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response! I can't believe you located the evaluation matrix! I appreciate it. :) 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: