cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Speed Dial

Jerrytech1
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 11.5, 8851 phones. I have the BLF working but when i press it it doesn't dial the phone. "Your call cannot be completed as dialed"

Are these literally just BLF?? Or am i missing something?

6 Replies 6

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The “Call cannot completed as dialled..” denotes that CUCM does know how to handle the call. Please can you check if you are able to dial the number that the BLF is associated with?

You may also use the DNA to check if/how the call is handled.

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

The problem is that our DN are 7 digits but we only dial 4. The BLF is trying to dial the 7 digit DN. If i dont use Directory Number in the BLF it doesnt light work as BLF only speed dial.

The device or line CSS have to have visibility of the 7 digit numbers, aka the partition, either directly or via a translation pattern for your calls to be successful.

Response Signature

A BLF Speed Dial is for monitoring a DN on another phone and, if configured to do so, picking up a call ringing on that DN. The SUBSCRIBE CSS configured allows the phone to monitor DNs in the partitions in that CSS, but that does not have to do with dialing. In short, yes, it's just a BLF. (I agree that the name is misleading.)

Maren

@Maren Mahoney wrote:

A BLF Speed Dial is for monitoring a DN on another phone and, if configured to do so, picking up a call ringing on that DN. The SUBSCRIBE CSS configured allows the phone to monitor DNs in the partitions in that CSS, but that does not have to do with dialing. In short, yes, it's just a BLF. (I agree that the name is misleading.)

Maren

It does also work as a speed dial, apart from the BLF functionality.

Response Signature

Well, damn. I forgot that got added, it's been so long since I configured one. Back in the day it was not. I'm getting old.

Thanks,

Maren