Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch office CUBE configuration

Matt Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a voice routing topology question and would like some hints in which documentation I can find what I'm looking for:

voice-topology.png

Currently:

Running CUCM BE6K at our HQ in North America.

Have a local SIP trunk to our ITSP which is proxy'd by a 2951

Device partition for NA devices

A small branch office in Germany is using a different phone system and needs to be migrated over to CUCM.

Near Future:

2901 CUBE and phones only devices at branch office in Germany.

Have a local SIP trunk to our ITSP which is proxy'd by a 2901

Device partition for German office devices.

I would like to avoid the media stream traversing the ocean back to NA for phone calls originating/terminating in EMEA, and instead have them go out the locally provided trunk.

Any Inter-office call media streams would of course traverse the VPN between offices. I would also like to setup SRST on the 2901 for the German office, whereby the local phones can register if there is an issue with the VPN connection back to CUCM.

What I need:

I'm having some issues finding documentation which outlines how to configure this setup from both the CUCM side and from the CUBE side, and I'm wondering if this setup is supported.

I've found some information that leads me to think a dspfarm on the 2901 is part of the solution to transcode between the trunk and German office phones.

I believe configuring the 2901 as an MTP on CUCM is part of the solution.

Additionally I see some potential problems:

Unity is located in NA and would handle all voicemail for both locations

Uccx is located in NA and would handle IVR (rare occurance)

Any help is appreciated, I currently have the hardware as dicussed and am working through the configurations.

Steve

16 Replies 16

Steve first of all..Glad that issue is resolved. However you have not rated any of th posts! Rating is useful to encourage people like me and to let others know which post are valuable should they be in similar situation.

Secondly the reason why early offer forced dint work with sdp-passthru configured is the restriction on this command as documented here...

Restrictions

When SDP pass-through is enabled, some of interworking that the Cisco Unified Border Element currently performs cannot be activated. These features include:

Delayed Offer to Early Offer Interworking

Supplementary Services with triggered Invites

DTMF Interworking scenarios

Fax Interworking/QoS Negotiation

Transcoding

Thirdly you will need to send me the full trace for the NA call without an MTP for me to get a clear picture of whats going on..

Please attach the logs to the thread..Its getting too long due to the logs...Use the advanced editor to attach files

For simplicity do a test call from your cell phone and attach the logs

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Definitely appreciate the help, no question.

I'm not overly concerned about the HQ MTP right now, but when I get back from Germany I'll pick your brain again.

Thanks again,

Steve