I am building a CUP 8.6 lab and would like to get a better understanding of how to bulk setup end users for Jabber. I've outlined the steps I know I want to complete, and how I think they should be completed. Would you mind reviewing and letting me know what I can do better/easier? I want to make sure I've not missed any steps, or skipped over a better process. I cannot find a SRND describing this situation. Thanks!
1) Gather List of Existing Users and their associated DN
- Accomplished by BAT export
2) Create CSF Bulk Phone File for all existing users with their DN
- Accomplished by BAT import
3) Associate CSF Devices to Users
- Accomplished by BAT Device Association
4) Set Capability Assignment for Users
- Accomplished by Bulk Capability Assignment
5) In CUPS, set desk phone control
Your help is always appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
It has been 2 years since the last comment. Has a better way to complete this been created in that time?
Today, i do the CSF Jabber insert on CUCM. It just like insert hardware phone.
but you have to change the key filed from "MAC ADDRESS" to “Device Name”.
1. download bat.xlt from CUCM to your laptop.
2. create file format
3. input the key filed value
4. export BAT format to txt file.
5. upload txt file to CUCM
6.validate the phone configure to see if there is errors, if no go to next step.
7.define a Jabber template
8.chose txt file and Jabber template to run immediately.
here is the key filed below:
Device Name,DESCRIPTION,DEVICE POOL,LOCATION,OWNER USER ID,COMMON PHONE PROFILE,CSS,DEVICE SECURITY PROFILE,PHONE BUTTON TEMPLATE,SIP PROFILE,MEDIA RESOURCE GROUP LIST,ASCII ALERTING NAME 1,ASCII DISPLAY 1,ALERTING NAME 1,DIRECTORY NUMBER 1,EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER MASK 1,LINE CSS 1,LINE DESCRIPTION 1,LINE TEXT LABEL 1,ROUTE PARTITION 1