cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding Request

sepelletier
Level 1
Level 1

A department with 10 users/phones would like the ability to, only on Mondays, be able to decide to answer the call or have it forward to one user in the department.  The users have direct numbers and voice mail.

Monday, user A's phone rings the user cannot answer they want that call to forward to user B and not go to voice mail, for just that call, the may be able to get the next call.  Tuesday through Friday they do not want have any calls forward.  

Forward when busy is easy but that doesn't cover if they can't or don't answer the phone. idivert from what I can tell only forwards to the users voice mail.  TAC couldn't figure a way to do it with a call handler but incoming calls use their direct numbers.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

I'm thinking you could do this with a hunt pilot that matches the DN for User A, in a partition that had a time schedule (ToD dialing) to make it active only on Mondays. The line group for the hunt pilot would have the actual DN for User A with an RNAR of 12 or so seconds, with the final forwarding behavior of the hunt pilot forwarding the call to the DN of User B.

If User B does not answer, I imagine you would have the call roll to voicemail. But since the 'original called number' matches that of User A and it is a forwarded call to Unity Connection, the call should get to User A's voicemail box.

If you want to do this with multiple users, you'd only have to make a single ToD partition for all of them presuming they all want the calls to roll on Mondays only. And then make a separate line group, hunt list, hunt pilot for each DN to have this behavior.

That sounds like a great solution but as I was creating the hunt pilot it dawned on me that cucm wouldn't let me because a dn already exists with that number, unless I have missed something. Thank You

Create a new partition like Monday_PT, then create a Time Schedule which allows just Mondays and assign it to the partition. Use this partition for the Hunt Pilot and have it be higher up in your CSS than the partition used for the DNs.

Maren Mahoney

Sunset Learning Institute

If you are battling with the DNs that already exist. use two translation patterns. each in their own partition and each with their own time schedule. stick bot partitions in the required css and translate one TP into the hunt pilot and the other to the out of hours number.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.