Views
Helpful
Replies

Call SIP Goes Silent after about 15 minutes

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer is having the follow problem: the calls SIP goes silent after 15 minutes. The problem is intermittent and occur whith external calls. I read the post below, but, not am safety in change this parameters:

IP Min-SE Value and SIP Session Expiration Timer under the Service Parameters. If this the solution, what impact changes this parameters? what another thing I can verify?

Link reference: https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/sip-calls-drop-after-15-minutes-in-branch-office-re-invite-not/td-p/2282253

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

10 Replies 10

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1
Does your customer use CUBE and if so is there a firewall between ITSP and CUBE?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Answering Your question, I don´t have access the equipment, but, my co-worked inform to me that Yes, therare a Firewall between Cube and ITSP.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Take a "debug ccsip message" and "debug ccsip error" from the CUBE as well in addition to the traces. Depending upon the call flow, someone might be trying to do a session refresh and that part might be causing issues.

Hi Nipun,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Tomorrow I will to monitore again the calls and I will apply this debug that I mentioned then If the problem occur (because is intermittent) I answer here.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

get your user to let you know when the experience such a call drop and pull the RTMT call traces of it, to get a better understanding.

15 minutes, sounds like some sort of timer that expires o be honest

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. What logs RTMT is recommended to verify this problem?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

could you solve it?

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7
Hi there,

It would also help to understand in what situation the problem occurs. Does the issue occur with on-net calls or off-net calls, or both?
You also mentioned something about intermittent issues? Can you be more specific on that please?

To echo what others have said, it does sound like a timeout issue, but depending on where the problem occurs might determine where you have to tweak parameters.

In regards to traces, The callmanager traces should do it. Make sure you select the CCM node to which the phone is registered to.

Sorry. Have just realised this thread is ancient! 😂
You can ignore my last comment.

the problem is caused by a bug. I have to install ISO 15.2 instead of 15.1 but it is an old router and I will not be able to find it (Cisco 3845)