Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID and display name

Hello,

I'd like to know if it possible with CUCM 12.5 to make the alerting name dynamic on a device profile.

I've, with extension mobility activated, two end user associated to the same device profile.

When the user A is logged on a phone and he passes a call, the displayed name on the destination phone corresponds to the alerting name defined in the device profile. So when user B is logged, I've the same behavior.

Is that possible to display the end user name instead ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Use Number instead of name or keep  it blank.

Alerting name will be what  you configured.There is nothing called as dynamic Alerting name.

Response Signature

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I would be interested to know why you have implemented this ie if it there a specific reason for this duplicate association? There may other methods to implement what you may trying to achieve here.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is to have a single phone on a site, with a unique directory number, and when a user is logged on this phone with EM and makes a call, it could be possible to identify on the called phone screen who is calling.

Regards,

Maxime

You can create the Profile with the extensions  you want. And when the user login to EM, the extensions configured on the user profile will be used. 

Response Signature

With EM, the caller ID will be the logged in profile DN. So it should work
by default.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

If you want to use the same directory number for both users, but with different caller id names you would need to put the DN into different partitions and associate each with a UDP that you associate with each user. Aka one UDP for user 1 and another for user 2. On each UDP put the DN in separate partitions. Aka UDP 1 has DN, 5555 in PT 1 and UDP 2 has DN 5555 in PT 2. For other users to be able to call each of these put PT 1 and 2 into their CSS.

Possibly if you want each of these DNs to ring at the same time you might need to add a hunt pilot with the same DN 5555 into the same partition that you normally would use for directory numbers and add both of these as a broadcast distribution.

Response Signature

CTI applications such as Jabber/Teams desk phone control will fail if you create the same DN pattern in multiple Partitions; CTI Manager has no awareness of Partitions.
The Alerting Name parameter is DN-wise while Display Name is line appearance-specific. As Nithin mentioned, you can either put a generic value in Alerting Name (eg the department name or job function these two individuals share); or, leave it blank. The Display Name will update the other IP Phone’s display once the call connects.