Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 SIP phone factory reset

ulambaday
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 7960 SIP phone. I am trying to register to the CUCM so that I can convert it to SCCP.

But I am not able to get it registered because the default router and TFTP server still with old IP addresses.

Setting is not getting unlocked with **#.( I think this doesn't work for SIP phone)

I tried to do unlock config and tried password "cisco" but no luck . It is saying " invalid password"

Is there another way where I can get this phone registered to CUCM?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Search forum, or cisco.com and you will find the answer to your question.

I have same issue , any one can help ???

simon-leigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hold down the # key whilst plugging in the network cable. Keep holding the # key till the 'line' lights flash in sequence.

Once flashing release the # key and press 123456789*0#

This should work for you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Paolo,

I searched in forum I tried but no luck

Simon,

I tried that but it is still having the same old default router IP. I also tried to enter the default password  "Cisco" to unlock config but no luck

try reset sequence again.

If that doesn't work, configure a TFTP server with the address that phone look for. Feed it a configuration file that specified a new SCCP fimware like 7.x. That might have the phone update and then work normally.

simon-leigh
Level 1
Level 1

Did you resolve your issue?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: