Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager Metrics using CDR

klopez138
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I've recently inherited a small Cisco telephony system with a few clustered call managers and I have very limited experience with Voice. I was recently asked by our help desk manager for detailed metrics on help desk calls. I've logged into CDR to try and make sense of things and it's a little overwhelming to say the least. Below is a list of metrics that he asked to see:

How many calls are coming into the helpdesk and the times they are coming in

How many calls are being answered and by location (We have only two offices)

How long the average time is before people give up and hang up.

How many voicemails are being left and the times

How many calls are not being answered

How long the calls that are answered are on the phone for.

I've done some searching and I'm wondering if this is even possible without custom SQL scripting or a third party tool. If there is solid documentation on how to massage the data in CDR to generate reports that I've listed, I would appreciate links to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This kind of data is not easily pulled from CDR as there is no real report to produce that, especially with the Cisco built in CAR tool, there are 3rd party call accounting solutions that might serve better here.  How is the help desk routing configured? Shared line, hunt group, etc?   Perhaps looking into CCX solution would be something the manager should consider which comes with robust reporting.

The help desk is routed using a hunt pilot->hunt-list->line group. I've looked at CCX briefly and knowing what I know about Cisco's pricing, I would think that it's probably too much for us. The reason being, is that we are a small organization with a help desk of only 7 techs. We do use Solarwinds however, and I know they an offering that integrates with CDR. I have no idea what it costs though. Ill have to see what CCX costs and what it takes to implement to see if it's worth possibly demoing. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: