Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 11.7.0 advanced settings link

Greetings!

It looks like after installing jabber 11.7 on Win 7, the starting screen of the application doesn't have the "advanced settings" link. So it's impossible to manually indicate CUCM or IM&P IP addresses. 

Win 10 or Win 8 users don't have such a problem. Could you please advise what the reason for that can be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On Jabber 11.7"Advanced Settings" option is disbaled when UPN is enabled was made as an enhancement request for this version; so it is 'working as designed'

Disabled UPN Discovery through MSI: msiexec.exe /I CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On Jabber 11.7"Advanced Settings" option is disbaled when UPN is enabled was made as an enhancement request for this version; so it is 'working as designed'

Disabled UPN Discovery through MSI: msiexec.exe /I CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false

Still a problem with 11.8.2 and 11.8.3.  More importantly.  I can only get the Advanced settings to appear once on the initial screen when you need to do loginid@domainname.tld and it has the continue button.  IT's shown the momment you click continue while it's contemplating it's connection, the option is shown.  Once the screen change to prompt for password it's gone.

What a PITA.

charles.elliott
Level 1
Level 1

Is this only on Win 7? 

ronupcdef
Level 1
Level 1

So a super easy way to fix this is to install an earlier version; make your settings in Jabber; then upgrade to the newest version.  Works great!

Not a viable solution when you have 500 employees and have to tell them to do that if you make changes in the environment that requires a change.