Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber MRA username or password incorrect

Abzal Abdimanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We have installed CUCM, CUP IM and Presence, Expressway C and Expressway E. We have configured this devices like seems in this link http://www.alcatron.net/Cisco%20Live%202015%20Melbourne/Cisco%20Live%20Content/Certification/BRKCRT-2602%20Configuring%20and%20Troubleshooting%20Cisco%20Jabber%20Mobile%20Remote%20Access%20using%20Collaboration-Edge%20Deployment%20Model.pdf. 

Status of ssh tunnels are active. We added DNS SRV record to public DNS: _collab-edge._tls.lab.com that pointed Exp E IP Address. And on local DNS we added two recoerds: _cisco-uds._tcp.lab.com - pointed to CUCM IP Address and _cuplogin._tcp.lab.com - pointed to CUP IP Address. When we tried to log in with Cisco Jabber MRA appeared error message about incorrect username or password.

Can you help me.

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abzal,

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/118798-technote-cucm-00.html#anc4

HTH

Manish

Hi, Manish! Thanks for your answer. I checked problem by this document. But situation is same.

Then you should collect the VCS diagnostic logs and Jabber problem report for a failed login.

Manish

Hello, Manish!

Thanks for your answer.

Problem about username and password was solved. We have one more problem with sip registration. I attached screenshot of status of connection on Jabber client and log files.

CUCM version:10.5.2. IP address: 10.110.0.100

Jabber version :10.6.0. IP address: 192.168.2.233

Exp C version: X8.7.3. IP address: 10.110.0.50

Exp E version: X8.7.3. IP address: 10.100.0.50

We do not have Sip Trunk  between CUCM and Expressway C.

Traversal connection between Exp C and Exp E is active. SSH Tunnel is active too.

Could you help me in this case.

Hi Abzal,

can you please activate sip and network diagnostic log on expressway E and C , try to register and post the output here?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Abzal... What was the problem with the login?

Can you share what the issue was with the passwords for future reference?  Thanks

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you can login internally to Jabber (LAN)?

Are the SRV records and Jabber domain the same or different? If different you need to make sure you have both defined on Exp-C under configuration--> domains.

If you want to provide your external SRV domain we can do some remote validation for basic access, etc.

Otherwise as already recommended you need to look through logs for more clues.