Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clarification of E1

Hi All - Please help me to understand difference between controller, VoicePort and Interface and which layer it's working?

Let's say call reaches Gateway , and we have controller 0/0/0 and Voice-Port 0/0/0 and Interface 0/0/0:15

How the signalling would process further? Signalling first hit controller or VoicePort or Interface?

Can i have call flow which process between these layers?

SIVANESAN R       

SIVANESAN R
14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The existence of three elements that do more or less the same purpose is mostly due to the evolution of Cisco IOS. In the past there were no voice-port, but interface was used for data connections. While controller does the physical layer and related.

So, it is not really important to know why and how, just learn the commands that go under each of these, for the purporse of getting thigns to work as desired.

Thanks Paolo the reason i asked we can apply translation Profile / Trunk Group either in controller level or Voice Port or Dial Peer level.

In that scenario which one will have more preference.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

In most cases. voice-port is enough. Other people can do differently.

Hi,

mostly in my understanding for incoming calls you may apply at voice ports, for outgoing calls applied at dialpeer level.  But as paolo, it may differ according to the people.

Please rate this post if it helps.

Thanks

As i studied if we applied only in Controller for incoming calls it will transform number according to your rule.

If we applied in both controller and vocie-Port it will transform according to the rule which is applied in voice-Port.

If we applied in all three controller, Voice-Port and Dialpeer it will tranfom the number according to the rule which is paplied in Incoming POTS Dial-Peer.

Thats is why i wanna know call flow between these three layers controller, Voice Port and Interface.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Voice translation-profile can only be applied to voice-port, dial-peer, or trunk-group.

So controller and interface are not applicable to voice translation-profile usage.

Paolo can you help me out on below scenario.

When i applied the translation rule in Voice-Port it's not working and the same in working fine when i applied the same in Dial-Peer level.

Attached CCAPI logs for the same.

Also help me to understand controller, Voice-Port and Interface and call flow between this component?

Setup:

Analog Phone (8005) ---> VG FXS Port (Voice Port 0/2/0) ----> CUCM ---> CIPC (6012)

Calling 8005 ---> Called 6012

voice translation-rule 25

rule 1 /^8005/ /5000/

rule 2 /^6012/ /7000/

!

voice translation-rule 22

rule 1 /^7000/ /6012/

!

voice translation-profile DID1

translate calling 25

translate called 25

!

voice translation-profile DID

translate called 22

!

voice-port 0/2/0

translation-profile incoming DID1 // Not Working

!

Inbound Dial-Peer:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

translation-profile incoming DID1 // Working

destination-pattern 8005

port 0/2/0

forward-digits all

!

Outbound Dial-Peer:

dial-peer voice 7000 voip

translation-profile outgoing DID

destination-pattern 7000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:xx.xx.xx.xx

codec g711ulaw

!

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

As i studied if we applied only in Controller for incoming calls it will transform number according to your rule.

If we applied in both controller and vocie-Port it will transform according to the rule which is applied in voice-Port.

If we applied in all three controller, Voice-Port and Dialpeer it will tranfom the number according to the rule which is paplied in Incoming POTS Dial-Peer.

Thats is why i wanna know call flow between these three layers controller, Voice Port and Interface.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Have you tried..

voice-port 0/2/0

translation-profile outgoing DID1

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

No it's not working... Calls are getting disconnect.

Appplied the same translaion-profile in Dial-Peer it's working fine.

Can you tell me difference in applying translation-profile in voice-port and Dial-peer level

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

checked the CCAPI logs where it throws error as CCAPI/call disconnect cause value =1

Below are the reason for cause code = 1, But all four options is not valid for this case because it's working for dial-peer level.

a) no IP connectivity or wrong ip routing

b) wrong inbound CSS

c) no H323 daemon running

d) the number does not exist on CUCM

SIVANESAN R

Send us debug voip ccapi inout..There is no way we can help if you are posting one line of debug..If you want help..Please send the full debug (attach it)...I want to see the debug when you get a disconnect cause of 1..( I assume you have this when you apply the translation profile to the voice-port in the outbound direction)

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I will send it soon, How come this been Outbound direction my outbound call leg pointed to voip i.e cucm.

But i tried in both direction in VoicePort calls are getting dicsconnect.

Tried the same in POTS in inbound direction it's working fine at that time.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

On the voice port...the direction of the call I believe depends on if a call is incoming to the port or a call is exiting the port. With dial-peers, it is easy. You specify a destination-pattern and in most times that is outbound for a voip leg and in the case of a pots leg like an analogue phone that will be inbound...

The translation profile is applied from the point of either the call matches an inbound dial-peer leg (in that case an inbound profile is applied) or matches an outbound dial-peer in which case and outbound profile is matched...

So from you dial-peers...

This dial-peer is the inbound dial-peer for this phone..hence you have applied it in the incoming direction and it works

Inbound Dial-Peer:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

translation-profile incoming DID1 // Working

destination-pattern 8005

port 0/2/0

forward-digits all

!

This is the outbounbd dial-peer and you have applied it in the outbound direction and it works

Outbound Dial-Peer:

dial-peer voice 7000 voip

translation-profile outgoing DID

destination-pattern 7000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:xx.xx.xx.xx

codec g711ulaw

For a voice port...I believe the direction is determined by whether the call is leaving or coming in.