Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.6 Calls via FXO giving busy

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I configured a CME router and i am trying to place an outbound call but whenever i do, i keep getting a busy tone. While watching the FXO port that i am using, see the port keep coming on like its being used to attempt to place an outbound call. I ran a debug Voice cacti inout and debug ccsip messages and i do see transactions occurring when i am not placing an outbound call. 

I was able to get this working yesterday by just swapping the FXO port that i was using but it is unreal if i keep swapping ports daily. The FXO card i am using is VIC2-4FXO. I have ran this same setup on 4 different 2821/2851's and i am getting the same issue.

Below are the logs i have. The log contains voip ccapi inout and ccsip messages.

Also i have my config below. The Skinny phones registers just fine. i am yet to try the SIP phones

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bodbol,

Can you please provide some information what is the exact call-flow , when looking into the debugs which you have collected looks like dial-peer issue where we are getting cause value 1 however, can you please re-collect following debugs and confirm the call.

Please mention the calling and called party number

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

debug voip vtsp default

debug voip vtsp session

Debug ccsip message (If there is SIP phone involve)
Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

Connection plar is used for incoming call and should mention internal ext number there so if someone call fxo number then call can connect on that ext, but you said issue is in outbound calls.

Suresh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have dialed 6576670058, and its not matching with destination patterns of any of pots dial peer. So adjust the destination pattern at one of the pots dial peer.

Suresh

Thanks for responding. that number was actually the number to my FXO port which i did have as my connection plar in my FXO config

Connection plar is used for incoming call and should mention internal ext number there so if someone call fxo number then call can connect on that ext, but you said issue is in outbound calls.

Suresh

Correct, connection Plar is used to receive the inbound call. I was just trying several options to see why exactly its been breaking and i still don't get it. On the other note. i just blew out the config and re-configured it and now its fully working.

The irony is that the majority if not all the configuration stayed the same with the exception that instead of me uploading the config, i just went in and manually configured it all again.

I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions.

Can you please make another test call with suggested debugs , kindly mention the callling and called party number

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bodbol,

Can you please provide some information what is the exact call-flow , when looking into the debugs which you have collected looks like dial-peer issue where we are getting cause value 1 however, can you please re-collect following debugs and confirm the call.

Please mention the calling and called party number

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

debug voip vtsp default

debug voip vtsp session

Debug ccsip message (If there is SIP phone involve)