Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.6 - DND not displaying status

Having some difficulty with the DND softkey not displaying any status change when it's pushed.  Users do not know whether or not they have silenced their ringers.  Anyone else have this issue and/or have it corrected?

Using 15.1(4)M2 / CME 8.6

Phone loads:

6921:   SCCP69xx.9-0-3-b
6941:   SCCP69xx.9-0-3-b

Had it on 9-11 but that broke a few things.  Any suggestions or configuration thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

10 Replies 10

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
6941 fail to register with SRST when ConfList,intercom,DnD configured
Symptom:

SRST 8.0
Phone: 69XX running 9.0(3)

unsupported button such as ConferenceList, intercom button configured, SRST respond with Undefined in ButtonTemplate message. Hence the 69xx will not register when it falls back to SRST.

Workaround:
If none of these feaautres which are not supported by SRST are configured the phone registers fine with SRST

I think this my be ralted this bug CSCti00350

I suggest that you upgrade to the latest release 9.2.2.6

cmterm-69xx-sccp.9-2-2-6.zip

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

Did upgrading the phone load fix your problem.  I am running into the same issue.

And have you updated ?

no not yet, I wanted to see if it fixed the issue.

You should update first and if still troubles, contact Cisco TAC.

I did update to the latest phone firmware, and I am still have a issue with the DND status showing on the phone.  I am running CME 9.0 and the latest phone load for 6921.

Hi there,

I wouldn't be surprised if you are seeing this bug. Although it's listed

for the 6941 it seems likely that it carries over to the 6921 as well;

CSCuc75058 - HLOG and DND softkeys isn't providing status when pressed 6941

Description

Symptom:
HLOG and DND softkeys do not provide status on 6941 phones
Conditions:
Running CME and 9-3-1 ES5
Workaround:
Downgrade to 9-0-3

Details

First Found in:                          (1)

9.3(1)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Dec 20,2012

Fixed in:

Release Pending

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Cheers!

Rob

"Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting" 

-Springsteen

Could this have to do with the fact that 69xx do not have a status line on display (as it is so ridiculously smal). They don't even display "system message".

I have had a TAC case open for this for a few weeks (For some 6945's).

Cisco said that they have confirmed the issue in their lab and are working on updated firmware.

An interesting workaround they provided: Assign DnD to a feature-button on the ephone-template, so that DND shows up as a line key... Oddly after doing this a message displays for both the line key AND the softkey...

EDIT: I should mention, even on CME9.1 with the latest available firmware for this phone the problem still occurs.

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

We are having a ton of issues with our 69xx phones and line status not updating properly (CFD ALL, etc). If we reset a phone it always comes back up with the correct status, but the displayed status never changes no matter what you do to the line until the phone resets again. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: