cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Basic Question

skakfinn1
Level 1
Level 1

I have call manager express 7.1 installed. Can I configure greeting message for one extension ? does it requires unity express  as well  ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

You need B-ACD/AA.

Check this thread -https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2214798

Rate helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

the document refers with Cisco Unity Express which I dont have, is it possible to do without it ?

I read scenario 2 it also need cisco unity express can you please go through the article and let me know if I am confuse ??

Hello Syed,

if you can see the both scenarios there are much differences in both design.  CME with BACD (AA) has limited features when comparing CME with CUE AA in terms of features. below is the synopsis just go through once you will know differences and their use.

Scenario 1 is most applicable when your Cisco CME AA is limited to       providing a menu to direct calls into ACD groups. In this scenario, Cisco CME       is used as the AA destination for incoming calls, and Cisco Unity Express is       used exclusively as a voice mail server when the ACD agents are not available       or do not answer the calls in a certain amount of time. The Cisco Unity Express       AA is not used in this scenario.

Scenario 2 is the most flexible overall configuration for integrating       Cisco CME basic ACD and Cisco Unity Express AA. The design used in Scenario 2       features Cisco Unity Express AA for general call-handling automation and for       handing off calls to ACD agents. In this scenario, Cisco Unity Express is used       as the AA destination for incoming calls; Cisco Unity Express also provides a       variety of menu choices to the caller (such as dial-by-name, dial-by-extension,       and recorded information segments). One of these choices directs some calls to       the Cisco CME ACD groups. Cisco Unity Express voice mail is used in a similar       manner as Scenario 1.

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

You need B-ACD/AA.

Check this thread -https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2214798

Rate helpful post.

Thanks

Manish