cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP dial-peer to POTS dial-peer preference failover?

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a CME router with both SIP dial peers (preference 1) and FXO PSTN dial-peers for failover (preference 2). When SIP is unreachable, you go to dial a call, it hangs on "Ring out" for a minute or so and then returns busy tone/unknown number error. There is no failover to the preference 2 dial peer on the FXO port (same pattern just preference 2 and mapped to a port rather than SIP).

1. Why is there not failover?

2. Can I reduce the hunt time to a few seconds before it cancels SIP and switches to the PSTN peer?

3. Does this even work by default on CME, or will I need SRST on the router?

Nic.

6 Replies 6

Hi Nic,

It should work out of the box, you don't have to enable SRST. Please attach the configuration of the router, debug ccsip messages and debug voice ccapi inout for a call.

You can adjust timers in sip-ua section using timers command.

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

Hi Andrew,

Config as follows:

dial-peer voice 1007 voip

corlist outgoing callMobile

description IP Mobile Calls

translation-profile outgoing 1

preference 1

destination-pattern 004........

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

voice-class codec 1 

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad  

!        

dial-peer voice 2017 pots

corlist outgoing callMobile

description POTS IP Mobile Calls BKCLID

preference 2

destination-pattern 004........

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 14

prefix 1831

no register e164

!        

sip-ua   

credentials username USERNAME password 7 PASSWORD realm REALM

authentication username USERNAME password 7 PASSWORD realm REALM

no remote-party-id

retry invite 2

timers trying 150

registrar dns:sipprovider.net expires 3600

sip-server dns:sipprovider.net

!        

I attempted debug as requested, nothing showed up in my telnet session during a call attempt. Odd.

Nic.

Hi Nic,

The config seems fine for me, the only thing you can change is to specify the destination-pattern more strictly -

^004........$

It's difficult to say what's wrong without the debug, maybe you forgot to say 'term mon'?

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not saying this is the only problem, but one problem would be the default value of sip-ua > retry invite command. By default the value it has essentially causes a huntstop if all six retries fail. Try changing the command to four or less (I use two) and see if that makes a difference. Beyond that we need the details Andrew asked for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_r1.html#wp1550337

sip-ua

retry invite 2

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Also test your pots dialpeer by shutting down your 1007 dialpeer and the making an outbound call

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I shut down my 1007 for testing and the call failed. But normally it works fine. Very strange, I will do some testing next time I get the chance and report back. May take a couple days however before I can get on-site.

Nic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: