Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication Problem with Cisco IP Phones CP-3905

patsonzero
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening everyone,
I implemented a TOIP network in a small company in which I used the following equipments: Cisco IP Phone CP-3905, a Cisco SF200-24P switch, and a Cisco 2901 (CME version 15.3 ) IPBX . Initially, communication worked well between all the users. But for a while, to contact some users, you have to call them 2 or 3 times before the call passes. Currently I do not know where the problem is.
Can someone help me solve this problem?
thank you in advance

6 Replies 6

Can you describe in more detail the behavior you mean when you say " before the call passes"?

For instance, do you mean that users are unable to get dialtone when they pick up their handset? Or User A must dial User B more than once before it will ring on User B's phone? Or that User A calls User B and User B picks up but the call does not connect? Are callers getting busy signal, fast-busy (reorder tone), dead air, no ringback tone, etc.?

Hi,
Here is the detailed description: "User A must dial User B more than once before it will ring on User B's phone".

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

is this issue between users that use phones registered to the same CME?  or across PSTN?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,

The problem is between registered users who use the CME. Users are not connected through the PSTN.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Interesting. Does this happen always or it is just intermittent ? When the call fails for the first time, what does the output for "show voice register pool all br" show ?

If it is easily reproducible, take logs for "debug ccsip message, debug voice ccapi inout and debug ccsip error" for a failed call. Attach your config as well.

Joel Fox
Level 1
Level 1

So it's dead air or doesn't establish at all? Do you ever get voicemail when the call fails to establish?