Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference fails with software only conference bridge

PSTN is SIP TRUNK from voip.ms

MRGL has SW_MRG, HW_MRG

SW_MRG: ANN, CFB, MOH, MTP

HW_MRG: XCODE, MTP

I read the software conference bridge supports only g711ulaw. My first test was using a remote phone that had a g729 stream, so I tried from a locally registered phone to two cell phones, and same thing. RTMT shows no "MediaListExhausted" warnings. I tried restarting the voice media streaming app.

On my CUBE i'm getting isdn cause code 16 (normal call clearing).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the region between the sip trunk and the phones set to. What codec is negotiated for the call? If you press the ? button on the phone what codec does it show. What is the region between  your software cfb and your phones?

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the region between the sip trunk and the phones set to. What codec is negotiated for the call? If you press the ? button on the phone what codec does it show. What is the region between  your software cfb and your phones?

Please rate all useful posts

I fixed this by changing maximum bitrate between regions to 64kbps, which changed the call to g711, and allowed the sw conference bridge to work.

Checking the call leg on cube showed a g711ulaw call- but that was between cube and provider. Call was actually g729 and invoking a transcoder to g711 when going to provider.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: