convert wav G.711 to G.729

kolotov83
Level 1
Level 1

How can convert .wav G.711 to G.729 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Use agcutil.exe; this is what the 'Set WAV Format' utility from Unity uses to switch it's own prompts to g729/g711.

Like so:

D:\CommServer\Utilities\SetWAVFormat>agcutil

Wave conversion utility v1.2

Usage: agcutil [-s src] [-d dest] [[-t targetDB] | [-f targetFormat]]
               [-b buffersize] [-g gainThreshold] [-m minThreshold]

Target formats:
      g.711/uLaw = 7
      g.711/aLaw = 6
      g.729 = 307
      pcm 16 = 1

D:\CommServer\Utilities\SetWAVFormat>agcutil.exe -s "D:\origwavbackup\Stream Fil
es\aaron.harrison_SubName_000bdaab.wav" -d "d:\test.wav" -f 307

File D:\origwavbackup\Stream Files\aaron.harrison_SubName_000bdaab.wav converted
to g729a

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

There are different ways to achieve this. One of the "easier" ways is to run it trough the MOH translator in CUCM, then you will have four wav files. G711ulaw, G711alaw, G729 and WB.

Regards

Roger Kallberg

CCIE # 26199 (Voice)

Response Signature

How do more high volume in .wav G.729 ?

I don't use the MoH translater for this stuff; as the poster noted it tends to attenuate the volume.

Do you have access to  a Unity server?  (not CUC, or CUE, but good old fashioned Windows-based Unity)?

THere is a CLI utility on the Unity server you can use for this; it is also scriptable if you have lots of prompts.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I have Unity (Windows). How can convert 711 to 729 without attenuate the volume?

Hi

Use agcutil.exe; this is what the 'Set WAV Format' utility from Unity uses to switch it's own prompts to g729/g711.

Like so:

D:\CommServer\Utilities\SetWAVFormat>agcutil

Usage: agcutil [-s src] [-d dest] [[-t targetDB] | [-f targetFormat]]
               [-b buffersize] [-g gainThreshold] [-m minThreshold]

Target formats:
      g.711/uLaw = 7
      g.711/aLaw = 6
      g.729 = 307
      pcm 16 = 1

D:\CommServer\Utilities\SetWAVFormat>agcutil.exe -s "D:\origwavbackup\Stream Fil
es\aaron.harrison_SubName_000bdaab.wav" -d "d:\test.wav" -f 307

File D:\origwavbackup\Stream Files\aaron.harrison_SubName_000bdaab.wav converted
to g729a

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Can anyone tell me where I can get this "agcutil.exe" program? I find it quite ridiculous that I cant find anything to convert my 100+ UCCX g729 wav files to g711 to put into another UCCX box that is g711 only. Why is it so difficult to achieve this? I even opened a Cisco TAC case to ask them how to do this and they said to use Audacity, of which doesn't work and nether does 'ffmpeg" and then he suggested an online tool, but I have well over 100 files.

Hi nanosynth,

Did you ever find a way to do this? I am in the same situation where I need to convert UCCX prompts from G729 to G711. I have tried FFMPEG and various on-line converters without success

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: