cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE converting sip 180 Ringing to 183 session in progress causing problems

friskopart
Level 1
Level 1

i have hard time trying to make CUBE send 180 Ringing with SDP after receiving it from my softswitch  but CUBE coverts 180 w/SDP to 183 session in progress w/SDP, this cause some callers from ITSPs and PSTN  ( calling inbound ) not hearing Ring tone  resulting in a large number of incomplete calls,

i noticed this issue was brought up in cisco support community last year but no answer till now, check link below.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3683734#3683734

so how can i make cube  forward sip 180 w/SDP  without converting it to 183 w/SDP without using the disable-early-media 180 command as early media is required

I

10 Replies 10

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What IOS version if the CUBE running?  Here's a bug about the CUBE converting 180 to 183:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCth89564

thank you for your Response, i am running C3825-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M  Version 15.1(4)M.

the bug in the link is for 180 without SDP to 183 without SDP where as my case is 180 with SDP to 183 with SDP do you think it is the same bug ?

Hi,

I have the same issue with IOS 15.3-2T1. CUBE converts 180 w/SDP to 183 w/SDP and callers don't here ringback in some scenarios. Do you have any new info regarding this case?

BR,

Vladimir

Ajay Viswanath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Add the following commands under the dial peer

voice call send alert

progress_ind alert strip

Rate if it helps

Regards

Ajay

Hi Ajay,

thanks for the suggestion but the 183 Session progress is sent towards the ITSP via SIP Trunk - so I think these commands are not applicable here.

From what I understand on 183 session progress the ITSP may not provide local ringtone. In a scenario when CUBE is sending 180 Ringing towards the ITSP a ringback is heard (ITSP provides local ringtone).

BR,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Need some clarification.

I hope you are facing this issue when outgoing call is made from CUCM to ITSP via CUBE?

But if you are facing this issue in case of incoming call from ITSP towards CUCM via CUBE, then is CUCM sending 180 ringing message with SDP?

Can you please share diagram and trace/debug for the same.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

thanks for the reply. Just to clarify - yes, the issue is for incoming calls from the ITSP towards CUCM via CUBE, CUCM responds with 180 ringing message with SDP to CUBE, CUBE responds with 183 Session progress to ITSP.

I've found a way to respond with 180 Ringing message to the ISP, in IOS 15.3(2)T1:

cube(conf-serv-sip)#send 180 ?  

sdp  Send 180 sdp when alert-pi or 180 sdp        received on peer call-leg

I've also found a resolution to my particular problem but the topology is a little more complex than the description above so no need to bother you further.

Thank you all.

BR,

Vladimir

Great!!!

Just share your solution that you have implemented so that thread can be updated.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Well, I have configred disable-early-media 180 as a workaround because the problem is observed with another legacy PBX integrated in the solution, not the CUCM directly (calls to CUCM are fine). This works for me because soon this PBX should be decommissioned. I've decided to disable early media after ensuring that even when I'm sending 180 Ringing (instead of 183 Session progress) does not resolve the issue.

BR,

Vladimir

fedor.solovev
Spotlight
Spotlight
Hi, It seems that answer was given. Please, mark useful answer if it helped you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: