Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC LDAP Integration

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I am integrating the CUC with LDAP and having some issues.

We have 8000 CUC local users which have been created manually over the years.

I have completed all required LDAP configuration in CUC and I can see the users in LDAP when I go to import users from LDAP Directory. After selecting the Find End Users In LDAP Directory and Based On Template from the drop down menu and clicking on Import Selected (few test users), an error message displaying The Alias has already been assigned to another object in this VMS Location.

Does it mean I have to delete the users in CUC database before importing from LDAP?  Is there a way that we can have the same behavior when it comes to integrating CUCM with AD? The CUCM and AD integration works with no issue even if the importing user exists already in the CUCM DB.

Thanks,

MK

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi there

There is a Bulk way in CUC. I have tried once I guess. As long as the user id matches you should be able to do this.

Check this post of Jonathan Schulenberg

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cuc-8-converting-local-users-with-vm-s-to-ldap-users-what-is-the/td-p/1855743

1. Perform an export operation to get everything into a CSV file.
  2. Delete all the columns except Alias, EmailAddress, MailName, and LdapCcmUserId.
  3. Populate the LdapCcmUserId to match the user's sAMAccountName attribute from AD.
    NOTE: Spot-check to be sure that you can find this user's account using the Import Users section. The account must have a Last Name value populated, be within the search base, and satisfy any filters you have applied to the syncrhoization agreement.
  4. Update the MailName to match the LdapCcmUserId. If you are using VMO or Single Inbox also set the EmailAddress to match the user's real email address. When you do the Update operation the Alias should get corrected to match the LdapCcmUserId if memory serves [read: test this!].
    NOTE: If you are setting the EmailAddress you also want the CreateSmtpProxyFromCorp column to be set to 1. This will ensure that the value is copied to the SMTP Proxy Address and can be utilized by the Unified Messaging integration.
  5. Save your modified CSV file and run an update operation. I suggest starting with a batch of only a few accounts at first to get comfortable with the process. Be sure to specify a filename for failed objects; you almost always have a few and this will give you a little guidence on what failed.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

View solution in original post

The guid which shared explains  how to do that.

Read section Integrating Existing Unity Connection User Accounts with LDAP User Accounts Using Bulk Administration Tool

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

AFAIK, you need to remove the Users.

Remove a local users and import the same user from LDAP. i hope it works.

Read the below Guides,

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/administration/guide/b_cucsag/b_cucsag_chapter_01001.html#ID-2423-0000039b

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin,

Why doesn't it work like CUCM?

With this approach, I have to go through 8000 users and delete those which exist in LDAP before importing them. We have many many mailboxes which have no associated users in LDAP, many shared mailboxes etc...

There's no way the we can overwrite the local users with the one coming from LDAP?

Thanks,

MK 

Hi there

There is a Bulk way in CUC. I have tried once I guess. As long as the user id matches you should be able to do this.

Check this post of Jonathan Schulenberg

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cuc-8-converting-local-users-with-vm-s-to-ldap-users-what-is-the/td-p/1855743

1. Perform an export operation to get everything into a CSV file.
  2. Delete all the columns except Alias, EmailAddress, MailName, and LdapCcmUserId.
  3. Populate the LdapCcmUserId to match the user's sAMAccountName attribute from AD.
    NOTE: Spot-check to be sure that you can find this user's account using the Import Users section. The account must have a Last Name value populated, be within the search base, and satisfy any filters you have applied to the syncrhoization agreement.
  4. Update the MailName to match the LdapCcmUserId. If you are using VMO or Single Inbox also set the EmailAddress to match the user's real email address. When you do the Update operation the Alias should get corrected to match the LdapCcmUserId if memory serves [read: test this!].
    NOTE: If you are setting the EmailAddress you also want the CreateSmtpProxyFromCorp column to be set to 1. This will ensure that the value is copied to the SMTP Proxy Address and can be utilized by the Unified Messaging integration.
  5. Save your modified CSV file and run an update operation. I suggest starting with a batch of only a few accounts at first to get comfortable with the process. Be sure to specify a filename for failed objects; you almost always have a few and this will give you a little guidence on what failed.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Thanks Ratheesh,

The problem is no matter what I do, when I try to import an error message stating The Alias has already been assigned to another object in this VMS Location gets displayed. I have to delete the local user first before being able to import from either LDAP or the CSV file.

Thanks,

MK

The guid which shared explains  how to do that.

Read section Integrating Existing Unity Connection User Accounts with LDAP User Accounts Using Bulk Administration Tool

Response Signature

There is a checkbox on user accounts that allows you to convert an existing user to an LDAP integrated user. (Sort of the opposite of CUCM, where the checkbox allows you to convert and LDAP user to a Local user.)

Obviously, you don't want to manually check the box for 8000 users. But, as Nithin pointed out, you can use the Bulk Edit tool in CUC to check this box in bulk.

Maren