Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI-Lync

dave-mith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer looking at CUCI-Lync

the are using exchange 2010 for voicemail does anyone know what is supported through CUCI-lync with this, i.e visual vm, mwi, click to call voicemail etc

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Bill19795_2
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same question. Using CUCI-Lync with Exchange 2010 as the VM system. Is this supported?

No, only Unity Connection is supported for visual voicemail IMAP from CUCI-Lync.

Chris

Hi

A lot of those queries are kind of negated by the nature of Exchange UM.

e.g.

Visual Voicemail - typically this refers to seeing voicemails on the phone. That isn't supported, of course, and not related to CUCI-Lync either way. Voicemail is fairly visual in that you get it in your Outlook.

MWI - you get MWI on the phone with Exch2010, and the Outlook notification.

Click to call VM - you get a button on CUCI-Lync that dials voicemail. The pilot number is configured via the regsitry/GPO. Alternately OUtlook/Exchange has built in 'play back via phone' capability.

I'll take a closer look at the client tomorrow to see if there's anything clever going on, but think of it as phone control or softphone functionality. All the clever stuff referred to in the OP is done well by Exchange on it's own.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Are you sure about this?  I see visual voicemail on the CUCI-Lync application.  I am thinking it is as stated above where we need to have IMAP configured directly in the Registry Edit Keys to get Visual VoiceMail.

Hi

I was referring to the question above re: Microsft Exchange UM. Yes, CUCILync supports CUC IMAP.

But if you are using Exchange for VM you don't really need visual voicemail etc as it's already in your inbox.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!