I have problem with backup.

Below is the backup Details;

Below is the log file output;

=====================================================
Server : CCMSUB01
Feature : PLM
Component : ELM-AGENT
Time Completed: 2015-08-09-13-19-09
Result Code : 109-Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SFTP server does not support output stream
Result String : ERROR

Server : CCMSUB01
Feature : UCM
Component : PLATFORM
Time Completed: 2015-08-09-13-26-54
Result Code : 109-Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SFTP server does not support output stream
Result String : ERROR

I Use titan for sftp server .

any idea ?

20 Replies 20

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Since Titan is a supported SFTP server this should be investigated after restarting DRF services and trying to take a fresh backup. Collect the DRF MA and LA traces for that duration.

Another thing that can be tried is you can setup freeFTPd and try taking a backup. If even that fails then issue could be on cucm side, else it is most likely in the network between cucm and Titan.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

i made reset to DRF   afterwards I tried to backup again and
the problem not resolved.

Hi

Did you recently upgrade your CUCM to version 10.5?
If yes, from which version did you the upgrade?

Cheers,
Pascal

Hello All,

i know this thread is old enough , but the problem happened several times recently , with multiple versions ..

I found that the CUCM DRF Traces shows below :

INFO [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: JSCH exception has occurred.. retrying to connect. Authentication counter value = 1
INFO [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: JSCH exception has occurred.. retrying to connect. Authentication counter value = 2
INFO [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: JSCH exception has occurred.. retrying to connect. Authentication counter value = 3

I even install the Titan SFTP on the same Host as the CUCM PUB , but still same issue ..
finally , i found the solution for it ...

just make sure to use a SFTP S/W , that don't have idle-connection time-out ..

i.e : inside Titan , on the connections > uncheck the "idle Connections Time-out" ..
also i changed the network card for the Windows Machine from VMXNET3 , to E1000E ..

Hope that helps ..

Thanks Alot,
Ahmed Salah

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I took an LA traces during manual backup after my all attempt in IP sec and certificates.

Machine: 172.30.10.18
script: sudo /bin/nice -n 0 "/opt/cisco/elm/client/drs/elm_do_backup.py" "/common/drf/backup.log" "/common/drf/status.txt" "jj-ucm1" "-" " " "PLM" "ELM-AGENT" "| /usr/local/platform/bin/openssl aes-128-cbc -md sha1 -salt -k *********"
script type: do_backup
tarFileName: ./2016-03-27-21-00-01_JJ-UCM2_PLM_ELM-AGENT.tar
2016-03-27 21:08:16,193 DEBUG [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: Trying to connect to the SFTP server.
2016-03-27 21:08:16,237 DEBUG [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: Connecting to SFTP server...
2016-03-27 21:08:20,344 INFO [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: JSCH exception has occurred.. retrying to connect. Authentication counter value = 1
2016-03-27 21:08:20,344 ERROR [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: Caught JSchException : Session.connect: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
2016-03-27 21:08:21,128 INFO [drfAddIntelligence] - drfUtils:sftpLstatFile-: Executing JSch lstat command for - User: cucm HostName: 172.30.10.18 for File: ./2016-03-27-21-00-01_JJ-UCM2_PLM_ELM-AGENT.tar
2016-03-27 21:08:21,128 DEBUG [drfAddIntelligence] - drfUtils:establishSftpConnection: Trying to connect to the SFTP server.
2016-03-27 21:08:21,142 INFO [drfAddIntelligence] - IN -- CryptoUtil.java - isCallManagerInFipsMode(..) -
2016-03-27 21:08:21,160 INFO [drfAddIntelligence] - OUT -- CryptoUtil.java - isCallManagerInFipsMode - false
2016-03-27 21:08:21,160 DEBUG [drfAddIntelligence] - drfUtils:establishSftpConnection: Server is in NONFIPS mode
2016-03-27 21:08:21,161 DEBUG [drfAddIntelligence] - drfUtils:establishSftpConnection: Connecting SFTP server...
2016-03-27 21:09:21,161 INFO [drfAddIntelligence] - drfUtils:establishSftpConnection: JSCH exception has occurred.. retrying to connect. Authentication counter value = 1
2016-03-27 21:09:21,161 ERROR [drfAddIntelligence] - drfUtils:establishSftpConnection: Caught JSchException : timeout: socket is not established
2016-03-27 21:09:23,345 INFO [drfJobThread] - drfJobThread:executeDirectSftpCommand: JSCH exception has occurred.. retrying to connect. Authentication counter value = 2

This how the issue I could isolated in the trace.

Appreciable all your great support.

Thanks,

Sreekumar

We are hitting the defect : CSCul44464

Thanks for your support.

hi SreeKumara93 !

Did u resolve the  Backup issue !

our clusters of  9.1.13900 is also  hitting the bug,,,and i see the error in traces:

109-Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SFTP server does not support output stream

a change of  SFTP  to titan / freeftpd  did not resolve the issue !

pls share the inputs if u have resolved it !

I have done the manual backup several times, finally I have achieved upon it.

Thats the work around on this bug.

Also you can check the firewall status on your network or local host.

Thanks

thanks sreekumar

finally i got the backup working,,,actually my deployment is clustering over wan,,,i have 4 servers over wan,,,the backup was failing when the drs tries to contact the DR servers over wan,,,,,i installed a new win7 system with freeftpd on remote DR vm,, create a new backup device on DR.for the backup to be successfull.

iam using 9.1.2.139000.. with freeftpd as sftp server.

Are you still having this problem?

I've seen this error also occur when using OpenSSH on RHEL 5, and the error was due to aes128-cbc not being enabled (default was ctr only).

Hi,

I used Solarwinds SFTP/SCP without problems. From above log check the permissions on your SFTP server in case you can upload files.

same here, no issues with it.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you share DRF Master \ Local logs for a failed scenario.

JB