Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 with broadcast call for all phones in Emergency case

Ehab.Shaqoura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have CUCM 14 , my customer asks in emergency case like in fire , for HR manager for example to dial a number or something like this , to ring on all Phones registered with CUCM with auto answer to inform them there is a fire , I tried with line group and hunt pilot with broadcast algorithm , but this not effective , because it rings in all phones but first one to answer then it stops ringing on others phones .

Is there any idea or a method to achive this on CUCM side ? 

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Not possible with CUCM alone.
Emergency Responder is the Cisco product for this. Or 3rd party Alarm servers.

Cisco Emergency Responder is for calls to 911, it is not suitable for what the OP asks about.

Response Signature

Hunt Group is not the ideal solution for your needs. Instead, a paging solution such as Singlewire InformaCast could be more suitable. As far as I recall, the Be6k and Be7k packages include 35 users for free, although I’m unsure if this offer is still available.

InformaCast is likely to be the perfect fit for your situation, given its extensive capabilities. For more detailed information, I recommend contacting a local Cisco partner.

Response Signature

Is it " Cisco Paging Server " or other product ? , and this will make ringing on all phones and open automatic speaker ?

It’s a paging server. If you opt for their additional packages, you’ll have more options, including displaying messages on the phones (depending on the phone model), and much more. I suggest reaching out to Informacast/Singlewire for a demo.

Response Signature

I agree with @Nithin Eluvathingal that Informacast (which comes free with UC licensing) is your best bet. It is a application server and one thing it is commonly used for is paging.

One other solution, if you want to stay solely within CUCM, would be Intercom. The source Intercom number would be on the manager's phone, and the target Intercom number would be on all other phones. (So point-to-multipoint.) This would require a dedicated physical button on all phones, which might be a limitation depending on what models you have deployed.

Like with Hunting, only one person could "answer" the Intercom call. But if your purpose is to have a paging/alert functionality, a point-to-multipoint Intercom would provide that. (Look in the Feature Guide for your version of CUCM to see how to deploy Intercom.)

Maren