Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Bootable Media

de1denta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I need to make a CCM 11.5 update ISO bootable for a new Subscriber server install. I have found many procedures to do this, however, I dont know if doing this can cause any issues with installation or general integrity of the software. Is this ok to do for production use?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/make-cucm-iso-10-5-2-bootable/td-p/2799479

HTH

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should have got access to bootable 11.x when you first installed or upgraded to the version,  did you get an edelivery notification or similar at the time?

If not, and assuming you're on support you could ask TAC to make a download available for you.  I have done this a couple of times recently, even if I have bootable media for the major version it's still handy to be able to install the exact release in one go.

Thanks both

I dont think that I have access to the original bootable media, I also would prefer to install to the same version as the rest of the cluster in one go if possible.

I have just tested this and seems to work ok. I just wanted to see if there were any reasons not to do this?

Don’t do this. TAC can tell and will declare the cluster not supported. Happened to a coworker of mine so it’s not urban legend. Get bootable media from Cisco, either TAC or PUT.

Hello Will,

Any procedure to modify or alter an upgrade file to make it bootable that is not explicitly described as a supported procedure by Cisco official documentation is not supported.

It might work just fine, but Cisco and the TAC cannot guarantee that:

++ This CUCM node will be able to upgrade to a newer version later on

++ That a Backup restore will work correctly

++ That database replication will work as expected

++ That backups performed in that particular node can be used later on

Hence my advise to avoid going through this route. If you are under Cisco Support, try getting the official Bootable through PUT or ask for it in a Cisco TAC case if you are having issues with PUT.

Best Regards, Jaime.