cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM configuration for SIP trunk pilot testing.

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I am in the process of configuring and testing SIP trunk with ITSP as a pilot. I have CUCM 8.6 cluster with a bunch of PRIs at the moment and will eventually switch to SIP trunk if testing goes well. Does anyone has a configuration checklist that i can use to configure my CUCM? I will be performing the tests in the production CUCM clusters so don't want to cause any interruption in voice service. Thanks for your help.

~ Khanal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not much to it:

• create SIP profile
  • create SIP trunk security profile
  • create SIP trunk, apply proper settings, i.e. above profiles, DP, destination IP address of your CUBE (assuming you have Cube)
  • create Route group, route list and route patterns pointing to the trunk

Most of the config/important stuff goes on CUBE, i.e. dial-peers, sip service configuration for which you need to know things such as:

• destination of the ITSP SBC (ip or hostname)
  • codec being used
  • DTMF method
  • fax protocol used
  • Early offer vs. delayed offer
  • etc

View solution in original post

Since this is a pilot and you want to test it before you put it into production for all users then you should build separate route patterns/PTs/CSS and assign the CSS to test phones. Also, see if you are using Local Route Group concept for routing these calls, if so you would not need separate PT/CSS/Route Patterns, but simply a new device pool that uses the SIP Route Group as SLRG.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not much to it:

• create SIP profile
  • create SIP trunk security profile
  • create SIP trunk, apply proper settings, i.e. above profiles, DP, destination IP address of your CUBE (assuming you have Cube)
  • create Route group, route list and route patterns pointing to the trunk

Most of the config/important stuff goes on CUBE, i.e. dial-peers, sip service configuration for which you need to know things such as:

• destination of the ITSP SBC (ip or hostname)
  • codec being used
  • DTMF method
  • fax protocol used
  • Early offer vs. delayed offer
  • etc

Thank you so much Chris. It is very helpful.

Regarding the route patterns, since I already have route patterns pointing to existing route list, route groups and eventually to h323 gateways, do i have to create the same route pattens but put them in a new partition or there is another way to reuse the existing route patterns? Thanks, Khanal

Since this is a pilot and you want to test it before you put it into production for all users then you should build separate route patterns/PTs/CSS and assign the CSS to test phones. Also, see if you are using Local Route Group concept for routing these calls, if so you would not need separate PT/CSS/Route Patterns, but simply a new device pool that uses the SIP Route Group as SLRG.