Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 'End Users'

I cannot find anything that gives a short overview of what 'End Users' accomplishes in CUCM (8.5)

I have seen a couple of things-

1. Give phone users 'permissions' to do certain things with the phones (like custom Speed dial etc)

2. Easy way to import into Voice Mail (CUE)

What else?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark

I am not sure if you will really find any such document that specify what end user accomplishes .

Basically an end user in CUCM points to your regular users, who are going to use your telephony features. Of course you can still use basic telephony(inbound and outbound calling) without need of end users in CUCM. But for advanced features you need to create end users. Some of these features are :

1. Extension Mobility

2. Voicemail (CUE/Unity/Unity Connection)

3. UCCX

4. Jabber

5. Mobility 

6. Single Sign On 

7. MVA

8. Providing Users to control their phone via web

This is just a short list from a long line of things that needs end users as a part of configuration.

From CUCM 9 onward, though there is still no compulsion for creating end users but licenses are now bound with end users instead of devices.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That's about it - it grants rights (primarily to CCMUser web page) on CUCM, and other apps can check the group membership and allow access based on it (e.g. Presence etc).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark

I am not sure if you will really find any such document that specify what end user accomplishes .

Basically an end user in CUCM points to your regular users, who are going to use your telephony features. Of course you can still use basic telephony(inbound and outbound calling) without need of end users in CUCM. But for advanced features you need to create end users. Some of these features are :

1. Extension Mobility

2. Voicemail (CUE/Unity/Unity Connection)

3. UCCX

4. Jabber

5. Mobility 

6. Single Sign On 

7. MVA

8. Providing Users to control their phone via web

This is just a short list from a long line of things that needs end users as a part of configuration.

From CUCM 9 onward, though there is still no compulsion for creating end users but licenses are now bound with end users instead of devices.

Regards

Aditya Gupta