Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License question????

Dear all,

am having CUCM v10 and i want to change the ip address of the publisher and the subscriber,  what license relates to the ip address will be terminated?, DLU or what ??? DLU relates to Mac address i think.

Can i get the license back from cisco for free if am having a smartnet support?

Can some one clarify to me this issue.

thanks.

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

there is no concept of DLU and node license CUCM10.

after u change the IP address of pub or sub there won't be any impact on licenses.

you simply change the ip address in product instance to point to new IP.

regds

aman

thanks for your replay,

here in the link below (CUCM 8), can you hear the first two minutes about the license and verify me.

he states that we need to contact cisco and the license is free of charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5QDxUUFFY

thanks,

Hi

I could not listen to video because of slow internet.

But if it speaks for call manager version 8 then u need to contact licensing team to getfresh licenses because of new license mac which gets changed after u change ntp;ip address;gateway;hostname.

since u are using call manager 10 ;there won't be any impact on licenses.

regds

aman

Hi Aman,

thanks for your effort,

it was call manger 8 and it got upgrade to version 10, it means we dont use PLM from the beginning.

AS we dont use PLM it means license is needed???

regards,

Hi,

After u upgrade from CUCM 8 to 10, Prime License Manager[PLM] comes in picture.In CUCM9, it is ELM [Enterprise License MAnager]

In CUCM 8 , it was DLU and Node license along with License MAC if installed on VM.

If CUCM was installed on MCS/physical servers, there was not concept of License MAC.

Now since u have upgraded from 8 to 10, u would  definitely requiring licenses which u can get from licensing team.You can run for 180 days to get permanent licenses.

Prior to upgradation , run License Count Utility[LCU] on any PC from which PUB version 8 is reachable.This utility is downloadable from Cisco and would give breakup of user licenses [BASIC/Essential/UCL Enhaced/CUWL Standard].

regds,

aman

You only get 60 days not 180 days to remediate the licensing.  

Also, when you login to CUCM do you get a licensing warning telling your how many days you have remaining?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aman is correct, (+5) all your licensing is managed on Prime Licensing Manager which might be running standalone or on any of the servers, you can see which one by browsing to it from CUCM licensing section.  Only changing MAC address of the PLM server would invalidate the license and Cisco's best practice is to hard code that MAC address so that you never need to worry about it changing.

thanks for your replay,

here in the link below (CUCM 8), can you hear the first two minutes about the license and verify me.

he states that we need to contact cisco and the license is free of charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5QDxUUFFY

thanks,