Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

custom ldap filter for cucm/unity connection

hi guys,

i was wondering if someone help to come with a filter for ldap.   my client is a college.  all the students' username are numbers (probably their student ID).  employees got their username based on their first/lastname. all i need is a filter that can only import users who have username (sAMAccountName) which is not a number.

thanks a bunch.

vijay 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There may be a more elegant way to construct this filter, but it worked for me. I created users with sAMAccountName that started with a letter and some that started with a number and the filter worked correctly.

(&(objectClass=user)(!(|(sAMAccountName=0*)(sAMAccountName=1*)(sAMAccountName=2*)(sAMAccountName=3*)(sAMAccountName=4*)(sAMAccountName=5*)(sAMAccountName=6*)(sAMAccountName=7*)(sAMAccountName=8*)(sAMAccountName=9*))))

Let me know if this works for you!

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Have you seen the following post?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cucm-ldap-custom-filters/td-p/2420321

Also the documentation is the following:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_01110.pdf

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

There may be a more elegant way to construct this filter, but it worked for me. I created users with sAMAccountName that started with a letter and some that started with a number and the filter worked correctly.

(&(objectClass=user)(!(|(sAMAccountName=0*)(sAMAccountName=1*)(sAMAccountName=2*)(sAMAccountName=3*)(sAMAccountName=4*)(sAMAccountName=5*)(sAMAccountName=6*)(sAMAccountName=7*)(sAMAccountName=8*)(sAMAccountName=9*))))

Let me know if this works for you!

Maren

that seems to be working. thank you so much..

hi Maren,

thanks for your help again with this ldap filter. It does work. however, now that we got lots of jabber users, the DC is going thru high resource utilization because of the filter.  the client is a college with 100k user database.  they only have 10 OUs with employees and that's what we need to scan for jabber contact resolution. more than 90% of user database is students and their username starts with a number and that's why i initially asked for your help to scan the top level domain for users and exclude username starts with number.  

the high utilization is because of the size of database and this filter is applied on search base that points to top domain level. 

now I am thinking of changing this filter so that it include student OUs.   So the filter should be looking for users and excluding users from like 9 OUs which contains the students.

is that even possible to come up with the filter like that?

thank you.

vijay 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: