cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

custom ldap filter for cucm/unity connection

hi guys,

i was wondering if someone help to come with a filter for ldap.   my client is a college.  all the students' username are numbers (probably their student ID).  employees got their username based on their first/lastname. all i need is a filter that can only import users who have username (sAMAccountName) which is not a number.

thanks a bunch.

vijay 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

There may be a more elegant way to construct this filter, but it worked for me. I created users with sAMAccountName that started with a letter and some that started with a number and the filter worked correctly.

(&(objectClass=user)(!(|(sAMAccountName=0*)(sAMAccountName=1*)(sAMAccountName=2*)(sAMAccountName=3*)(sAMAccountName=4*)(sAMAccountName=5*)(sAMAccountName=6*)(sAMAccountName=7*)(sAMAccountName=8*)(sAMAccountName=9*))))

Let me know if this works for you!

Maren

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
VIP Rising star

Hello,

Have you seen the following post?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cucm-ldap-custom-filters/td-p/2420321

Also the documentation is the following:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_01110.pdf

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

There may be a more elegant way to construct this filter, but it worked for me. I created users with sAMAccountName that started with a letter and some that started with a number and the filter worked correctly.

(&(objectClass=user)(!(|(sAMAccountName=0*)(sAMAccountName=1*)(sAMAccountName=2*)(sAMAccountName=3*)(sAMAccountName=4*)(sAMAccountName=5*)(sAMAccountName=6*)(sAMAccountName=7*)(sAMAccountName=8*)(sAMAccountName=9*))))

Let me know if this works for you!

Maren

View solution in original post

Highlighted

that seems to be working. thank you so much..