Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete failed. TypeDbErrors.gen25310

Hello.

I get the following error in CUCM 9.1. I see that the license is over and I can not provision any more clients. But how can I delete some phones and add new phones to adhere to purchased licenses???

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can u share the snapshot of error message?

after u delete phones, go to CUCM Administration---System---licensing ---license usage report -----click on Update usage details

in ELM, go to monitoring---License usage ---click on Synchronise and check the status of CUWL standard/Enhanced UCL/essential.

regds,

aman

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Volodymyr,

If the 60 days grace period is over then the following applies as per

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100100.html

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the  configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable  IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any  configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM  and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

HTH

Manish

Ok. But what can I do now? I want to delete some phones to comply to licenses. But no phones are deleted((((

Hi ,

can u share the snapshot of licenses in ELM ?

regds,

aman

ELM shows nothing at all (blank screen)((( But it showed that I need Telepresence Room license, 2 CUWL Standard licenses.

Hi,

I am not aware about TP licenses.

But What u can do is remove the users[owner userID] from IP phones who are using CUWL standard licenses and also delete those phones ?

the same would get assigned to TP a fter u do update usage details in call manager and in ELM , do synchronise.

CUWL standard show show IN Compliance.

regds,

aman

Unfortunately I can do nothing with current phones and users((( Any updates are denied(((

this means grace period is finished as also mentioned by Manish.

Is it so? hence, u need to purchase CUWL Std. licenses.

regds,

aman

It seems so((( Stupid Cisco!

You can request a temporary license from Cisco to temporarily lift the block. Giving them an order number or something to indicate you are attempting to return to in-compliance will help facilitate that process as the GLO team can't do it themselves. They have to escalate it to the PM for approval.

Cisco has a lot of royalties to pay and this was the deal they negotiated with the underpinning vendors: 60 days after non-compliance don't shut down, just stop allowing DB updates. Unity Connection wasn't so lucky and will actually shutdown. They expect you to straighten things out before the 60 day grace period and provided you ample warning every time you logged into /ccmadmin.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.