cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory - Error: Connection failed!

snared04drummer
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded Call Manager from 8.6 to 10.5, and everything has been working well, with the exception of directory access.

Currently, we have 6 different models of phones deployed in our network:

The last two (9951 and 8961) are working correctly, the rest are not.  

No configuration changes have been made to the system other than the upgrade.

6941 firmware -   SIP69XX.9-4-1-3

6961 firmware -   SIP69XX.9-4-1-3

6921 firmware -   SIP69XX.9-4-1-3

3905 firmware -   3905.9-2-2-0

I feel like this is probably a compatibility issue between these phones and 10.5, but I was hoping some of you might have some further insight into the matter.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

8 Replies 8

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

According to this document, the error means "Socket cannot be created or the connection fails".

Have you checked directory URL in Enterprise Parameters? Check the secure and non-secure ones
are valid and pointing to the Publisher IP address in the URL rather than hostname.

Also, please try to reset one of the phones to its factory defaults.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hi All

Did anyone get a resolution to this, I have just upgraded to 10.5 and getting the same Connection Failed Error when accessing Coporate Directory on 6921 and 6941 handsets.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

I suggest opening TAC case.

I could find bug related to this but do not know how useful it would be.

SIP/SCCP doesn't send TLS request on 6921/41/61/45 phone models

CSCus28530

Description

Symptom:
69xx phones get "Connection failed" when accessing personal or corporate directory

Conditions:
When Transport Layer Security TLS is used

Workaround:
Add common device profile with FIPS enabled to the phone config, save and power cycle phone.
note: FIPS does not have to be enabled in CUCM server CLI

Known Affected Releases:

9.3(1)

9.4(2)SR1

Known Fixed Releases:

9.4(1)ES10

9.4(1)PL4910

regds,

aman

Hi Nick,

Even we faced the issue while accessing Corporate Directory after upgrading CUCM to 10 on 7911/7941 and 9951 but 6921 was working fine.

we were gettng error Host Not found and the problem was resolved as mentioned in link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12479466/ip-phone-directory-issue#comment-10439236

regds,

aman

Denis Morin
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the exact same issue.  We recently upgraded to 10.5 and now my 6961 phones are getting a connection failed error when trying to access the corporate directory and my 7942 are working fine.  i checked both the secure and non-secure urls are they are set properly.  Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Seems like the fix firmware solved this.  I believe it was SIP69XX9-4-1-3ES.

You'd need to open a TAC case to have the file published to your account, unless it's just there for you already.

After applying this firmware to these phones they stopped having this issue (and it solved a few other problems as well like redial issues.)

Hi,

running latest 6961 firmware for 11.5 and facing same issue with SCCP firmware.

tried enabling FIPS power cycle phone and same issue.

anybody suggest fix for this?

thanks

Yav 

mccoy.allan1
Level 1
Level 1

One of our guys found that the ports for the URLS to the Directory (also Information and Services) was 8080 vs what works for other phones. We haven't determined where this is coming from yet, but this should help you find the problem. Maybe the default templates.

Thanks again to Ray Bonaguidi for digging this up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: