cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco make a conference room phone that can connect to an external room audio system?

wkarpinski
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using a Cisco 8831 in some large conference rooms and would like to have a phone that can connect to an external vendor audio system to use the room microphones and speakers.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Look at the Room Kit Plus or Pro for this sort of thing. Video isn’t required; you can run them in headless mode for audio-only use cases.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/webex-room-series/datasheet-c78-741052.html

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I suggest you should check out the Cisco Project Workplace https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/#/en-us

Flip through a variety of room designs and choose the room type that best fits your telepresence and video conferencing needs. Project Workplace provides technical drawings that show you how to set up the different meeting spaces, You'll also find tutorials on other aspects of setting up meeting rooms.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You can always check with the external audio system to see if they have a SIP line capability, then you can register the system as a Third Party SIP endpoint, controllable from CUCM. I use this in many of my Crestron / Biamp controlled rooms. I am however looking to move them to a Room Kit Pro in the future for a better overall integration.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have widely used Creston Audio Systems which has never dissapointed me.

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: