Views
Helpful
Replies

E.164+ Numbers and IOS Voice Translation Rules

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a CUCM 9.x cluster with an E.164+ dial plan for internal extensions, route patterns etc.

I have an ISDN gateway (2911 ISR with IOS 15.3(3)M1) which connects to the PSTN.

The ISDN provider cannot accept E.164+ format destination numbers so I need to manipulate the called digits before sending them to the PSTN switch.

I can obviously do this using CUCM Called Party Translation Patterns but I am wondering whether it is possible to do the translation on the gateway instead?

The rule I have tried to use is shown below (United Kingdom Country Code).

rule 1 /^+44\(.*\)/ /0\1/

What I want it to do is strip +44 of the start of the number and replace it with 0

e.g.  +441234444666 would become 01234444666

The rule I have tried fails because the + symbol is identified as a wildcard rather than as part of the number string I want to match.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello James

This is regular expression, have you tried putting (.) dot first then + followed by your number

let me try at lab

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello James

This is regular expression, have you tried putting (.) dot first then + followed by your number

let me try at lab

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I believe you got a bit lucky by using ".+" because that just matched any character.  What you should have done is use "\" to denote that the next character is an actual character and not an operator.  It should look like this:

rule 1 /^\+44\(.*\)/ /0\1/

I know this was answered previously, but I wanted to clarify.

Great post Jamie. 

I used your example to write a Translation-Profile which truncates the E.164 number into the last 7 digits:

conf t
voice translation-rule 5002
rule 1 /^\+1...\(.*\)/ /\1/

Example String: +15554443333

Replaced String: 4443333

Hi James,

As Nadeem mentioned the /.+/ will do the trick.

Pattern Match with Wildcards

These tables define wildcard and wildcard combinations and show some       examples.

Wildcard Definition
.Any single digit
0 to 9,*,# Any specific character
[0-9]Any range or sequence of characters
*Modifier—match none or more occurrences
+Modifier—match one or more occurrences
?Modifier—match none or one occurrence

Wildcard Combination Definition
.*Any digit followed by none or more ocurrences. This is                     effectively anything, including null.
.+Any digit followed by one or more ocurrences. This is                     effectively anything, except null.
^$No digits, null
Best Regards

Worked a treat - thank you both

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: