Views
Helpful
Replies

E911 going to extension

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running  call manager 7.1.3.  We also have a CER server setup and today when we dial 911 it goes to my extension.  I am fairly new to call manager.  Is there a way I can trace the call to figure out why the calls are not going out the gateways and to my extension.  

Where can I go to see why my extension is even there and at least change it to go to the front desk.

Phone system is running fine and we are receiving inbound and outbound calls.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep, start with DNA to locate the match on 911 from your phone's CSS.

If it is going to CER, then I'd guess your phones are in a ERL (likely Default) that is set to alert onsite only.  Check CER Default ERL, and Onsite notifications.

Also if your gateways changed since CER's installation, the CER config should be reviewed.

To answer your question, if you're set up as the onsite alert go into CER > ERL > Onsite Alert Settings and look for your DN in there.  You can change it to the front desk or security if you want... and test test test.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I would look at Dialed number analyzer. https://cucmip/dna. If the webpage doesnt come up, you will want to start the service from Cisco Unified Serviceability.

Please rate useful posts.

Yep, start with DNA to locate the match on 911 from your phone's CSS.

If it is going to CER, then I'd guess your phones are in a ERL (likely Default) that is set to alert onsite only.  Check CER Default ERL, and Onsite notifications.

Also if your gateways changed since CER's installation, the CER config should be reviewed.

To answer your question, if you're set up as the onsite alert go into CER > ERL > Onsite Alert Settings and look for your DN in there.  You can change it to the front desk or security if you want... and test test test.

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Just to clarify, are you receiving the end users 911 calls or are you getting a call from CER informing you that someone made a call to 911?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh