Views
Helpful
Replies

Expansion Module 7916 display is blank and blue. Its not showing speed dials

poppeyrock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

User devide profile has 25 speed dials configured. When user logged in on IP phone 7975G, the phone display shows the first 6 speed dials configured. But the expansion module display is blank and blue in colour. not showing any speed dials.

Can someone help me, please?

CCM Version 6.1.4.2000-2

Phone Model: 7975G

load File: sccp75.9-2-1s

Expansion Module : 7916

Firmware : B0161-0-4-2

Tried:

1. Created a phone button template and assigned to phone

2. Removed module from Expansion Module Information and then tried adding again

3. Removed phone from Call Manager and added again

4. Tried Factory Reset of IP Phone.

Nothing worked. Any other solution?

Regards

R. Sre Hari

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

U can try changing the firmware but was this setup working earlier?

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Is the expansion module connected properly?

Is the firmware "B0161-0-4-2"? It should be "B016-1-0-4-2"

Yes, it is B016-1-0-4-2.

Expansion module is connected and its showing Cisco logo on boot up. After that it goes to blue blank screen. The page 1 button of both expansion module connected to IP Phone is green. While pressing the page 2 button on expansion modules the IP phone displays Key stroke invalid(Forgot the correct word on display).

I checked in Status on IP Phone. It shows expansion modules as well as firmware details

Do you have the possibility an other 7916 or the same 7916 with another phone?

Maybe the expansion module or the phone is faulty.

I have no spare for 7916. Will try with another phone tomorrow.

will the expansion module show anything like downloading or loading like in IP Phone after cisco logo?

Hi,

I tried the expansion modules with another IP Phone. The result is same.

And i noted that only page 1 and page 2 button where glowing amber during expansion module boot up. I was told by a friend that all button should glow amber during bootup.

Any suggestion?

Hi ,

Just to try:

How the 7916 is powered?

Is it getting power from 7975G which is working on POE, then, in this case we need a separate power adaptor for 7916.

If 7975G is working on Power adaptor ,then for one 7916 , no power supply unit is needed.

regds,

aman

Hi Amanso,

7975G is getting power from POE and there is a seperate power adapter for 7916 (1st module). Aux cable is connected from IP phone to module 1 and module 1 to module 2.

Regards

Sre

Hi,

Was the same Expansion Module working earlier with same 7975 or any configuration change done ?

regds,

aman

Hi,

Can u try upgrading the firmware of Cisco 7975G Ip phone to 9.2(1) SR2  [ cmterm-7975-sccp.9-2-1SR2.cop.sgn] ?

regds,

aman

Hi,

I couldnt try now. But once I do, I will let you know.

Hi ,

U can try changing the firmware but was this setup working earlier?

regds,

aman

It was working before.

Hi Friend,

The issue has been resolved after degrading the firmware of that particular IP phone and the expansion module. Also

created a new device profile (7975) for the user and deleted the existing device profile (7941). Now the expansion modules are working fine.

Thank You All For Your Support.

Regards

R. Sre Hari