Views
Helpful
Replies

File auth error (firmware 7940)

belemgarrido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've upgraded to CUCM 8.5, the phones were working until I change a 7940 to another switch port, the phone indicates "File auth error" when tries to download its firmware from the TFTP server. I've tried to upgrade phone firmware from 8.0(10) to 8.1(1) and then to 8.2 but it doesn't work, I keep the 8.1(1) firmware version but keeps showing "File auth error". I've already modified the Device Defaults and erase/create the phone into the CUCM devices but keeps failing.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Belem,

It looks like the phone is still trying to upgrade to 8.1.2. What is set for the 7940 (sccp)

in Device defaults? Is it

P00308010200

Did you download the 8.1.1 files from CCO? Did you try something earlier like 8.0.9?

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Search this forum for this error and you will find many good threads on this topic, you need to  load intermediate firmware file.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Belem,

You are on the right track here

Can you go to one of the phones and access the settings. Tell

us what the current Application Load ID shows. Another question...

did you stop start the TFTP service after loading the 8.1.1 firmware?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply! I can't access the settings but the phone is looking for the file P00308010200.loads which is in the firmware version 8.0(10), the .loads file from the 8.1.1 firmware version is P00308010100 so I can't use the 8.1.1 version. I stopped and started the TFTP service but keeps failing.

I really appreciate your help.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Belem,

It looks like the phone is still trying to upgrade to 8.1.2. What is set for the 7940 (sccp)

in Device defaults? Is it

P00308010200

Did you download the 8.1.1 files from CCO? Did you try something earlier like 8.0.9?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your help. I changed the Device Defaults and reset the TFTP service and the phone register normally.

Have a great weekend.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Belem,

Great work my friend Still one more work day for us before the

beautiful weekend. UGH!!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: