cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded Call Information Display on Device - Line Setting Default

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

When creating a new phone in CUCM 11.5, I would like the line setting for  Forwarded Call Information Display on Device to automatically be set to Caller Name and Dialed Number.  Does anyone know where this setting can be done so it will apply to any new phone built by default?

Thanks,

Jeff

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jeff,

AFAIK there is no way to change these default values, if you import phones using BAT obviously you can adjust your BAT DN template, but if you are adding them manually then you will need to adjust the settings during the build.

Chris - I'm sorry, but that can't be correct.  We have another cluster and when we build new phones on it, it does have the appropriate fields already checked.  I just can't remember where the settings are made in the new CUCM.  We don't BAT them in, we build them manually one at a time and the fields we need are already checked.

I think you are looking forward for "Forwarded Call Information Display on Device" on DN configuration item. I have not tested it myself yet, but I guess selecting the boxes should resolve your issue.

HTH

Wilson Samuel

Plz rate all helpful posts

Samuel - That is the field I'm wanting to be set as default checked when we start to program a phone.  It is already set up that way in our CUCM 8.6.2 and I can't remember where to set that as default for the phones.  I'm wanting to set it as the default when we build phones on our CUCM 11.5 cluster as well.  I know I can do it as I'm programming, however, there is somewhere in CUCM you can make it the default setting as you are programming phones.  I may have to open a TAC Case.

Thanks,

Jeff

How are you adding the phones? If you are using BAT, then on the Line Template, enable the check boxes and you should be good.

HTH

We add phones a variety of ways.  I know I can do this by copy, super copy and BAT.  But I can also do this by a default method when adding a phone manually....I just can't find it in the 11.5.  Thanks for everyone's input.  I'll open a TAC Case and let everyone know where it is done at.

Thanks,

Jeff

Oh ok, I have a setup of 11.0 and I do see it just as in the picture. Have not had an install of 11.5 yet.

Please keep us posted.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Emmanuel Akum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

We're having the same issue with several 11.5.1.x installations.

Did you manage to find out why these fields are not automatically checked when creating a line for a device? 

Thanks

Emmanuel

jinnawong
Level 1
Level 1

May I know if you get any answers from cisco tac?

thanks,

Jinna

mcossette
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
Did you receive an answer? I have the same issue with CUCM 11.5
Thanks

I opened a tac case and they said it was by design. That means we have to put those check marks on when we manually create the DNs.

I've been looking for this solution as well. Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately there appears to be no solution other than Batting phones in all the time or manually checking every time we build a phone.  Typical Cisco response when they make a goof "works as designed".  They seem to take 2 steps backwards for every one step forward when they design things.  I will close this as resolved since there is no fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: