Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Please: Callers get busy signal instead of aim-cue voicemail

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem with the no answer forward to AIM CUE voicemail. I'm running call manager express 8 with unity express 7 on a 2851 with an aim-cue.

I can call in and get the auto attendant or dial right into voicemail with my cell phone. The incoming DIDs are from a SIP provider. If I call an extension, and wait for it to be forwarded to voicemail, the call gets disconnected with a busy signal. If I call from another extension, I am successfully forwarded to voicemail.

My first instinct was to check the codecs. To me it looks like its all in g711ulaw. Also, the SIP provider confirmed that I had set the preference for their codec to be g711ulaw.

I've have: a debug ccsip all and my config.

Any and all help is grealy appreciated.

Thank you,

David

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David after looking at your trace, I see a ++++302/Moved Temporarily++++ Some providers do not uspport this..

Sent:
SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 74.63.41.218:5060;branch=z9hG4bK2d2f0598;rport

To: <6666661234>;tag=709B41C-472

Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 02:34:57 GMT

Call-ID: 65cf8dda31746dc91aeeec340c4527a3@74.63.41.218

Can you add the following config and try again...if you still have issues please send only debug ccsip messages. and please send the full debug

Router(config)#voice service voip

Router(conf−voi−serv)#no supplementary−service sip moved−temporarily

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

add this rule to xlation rule 1

voice translation-rule 1

rule 3 /------8959/ /102/

test again

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

Are you saying that when you call an extension from another extension and it forwards to vm, this works.

But when you call an extension from your cell and it forwards to vm, it does not work?

David after looking at your trace, I see a ++++302/Moved Temporarily++++ Some providers do not uspport this..

Sent:
SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 74.63.41.218:5060;branch=z9hG4bK2d2f0598;rport

To: <6666661234>;tag=709B41C-472

Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 02:34:57 GMT

Call-ID: 65cf8dda31746dc91aeeec340c4527a3@74.63.41.218

Can you add the following config and try again...if you still have issues please send only debug ccsip messages. and please send the full debug

Router(config)#voice service voip

Router(conf−voi−serv)#no supplementary−service sip moved−temporarily

Now I'm getting "there's no mailbox associated with this extension" voice prompt, so that looks like progress. Ill check the logs when I'm back at a computer. Thanks for the help.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ok, thats good. We are making progress..

Dont forget to rate helpful posts...

On the second issue..

add this command on your dial-peer 100 voip (this is the dial-peer that goes to cue)

mailbox-selection last-redirect-num

No luck, PM sent.

Thanks for all your help.

Sorry,

I did not see your post until this morning...

We need to see what unity is seeing when the call is forwarded...

so do the following and send the traces from cue

trace config-ccn all

show trace buffer tail

and then do a test call. Send me the traces

Good morning Aokanlawon,

I just PMed you the CUE traces. Let me know if I stopped it too soon, but it went about 50 pages...

Thank you,

David

David,

The way the trace was sent is difficult to read. The lines are all jumbled together. The trace should have appeared one line at a time. Can you check it got jumbled when you were copying it. Please resend it.

I resent the file, it looks OK on my end so hopefully that worked.

Thank you,

David

Yes that,s better...

I can see both the re-directed number as the diverted number..but looks like unity express is playing greeting for the calling number.

Can you try this on the user with the called number 5........60), add e164 number as the calling number 6..........19

or from cue cli configure it as follows and use the correct username and e164 number as 5........60

username user3 phonenumberE164 6..........19

Then test again...

Adding the E164 number for the user in CUE worked, but now its reading the entire 10 digit number in the prompt.

Can I add a translation pattern and take out the E164 to avoid it reading the 10 digit number in the standard VM prompt?

David,

Thats great! that confirms what I was thinking. David do you have a mailbox for extension 5....................60 ?

Yes, the VM worked. The mailbox is just set up with the default greeting "Sorry, extension ### is unavailable..." but it reads out the entire 10 digit phone number (the E164) rather than the 3 digit extension. Any way to get it to just say the 3 digit extension?

Thanks again for all your help. Its weird, I got your first post about adding in the E164 #s only in my email (post notification) but I don't see it in the thread here...

I have sent you a PM of what you need to do.

In unity set the e164 number of your 3 digit extension to the E164 number called from outside 5...............60.

Remove the previuos change. I didnt realise you were using 3 digit extensions...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: