Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to hide the call forward All number

llo community,

I have a request from a customer to hide the number that is configured during a call forward all

Scenario

We say that user A has the extension 2000 and user B has the extension 3000.

User B activates his Call forward all to his GSM.

User A calls user B, which results in the call being sent to user B's GSM.
Now user A sees on his phone/softphone that the number is forwarded to user B's mobile phone.

The customer would like to hide this mobile number.

Do you have an idea?

I checked the Always Display Original Dialed Number setting, but it applies to all calls which is not the purpose.

Do you have an idea?

THanks

Sébastien

4 Replies 4

Instead of using call forward all to extend the call to the mobile you can use Single Number Reach or Mobile Connect as it also is known as. With this the caller will not see that the call has been extended to the mobile as this is all hidden by design in the CM. For more details on how to setup SNR have a look at this document.

Response Signature

Single Number reach will match your customers requirement.

Response Signature

Hello guys,

Thanks for your update. I agree with you, the single number reach is the best solution in my case.

Or the other solution is the MRA. The user doesn't forward his phone any more  on his mobile.

I will propose the both solution. 

Thanks again for your contribution

I would suggest that you use both. The SNR is useful in situations where the endpoint does not have an active registration with CM so that push notifications doesn't work. In these cases the SNR that is enabled on the TCT devices with a Mobile Identity will kick in automatically and send the call to the remote destination that is defined. Equally when there is an active registration the SNR function that is effectuated via the Mobile Identity tied to the TCT, or BOT for that matter if that's what you use, will automatically detect this registration and send the call directly to the Webex or Jabber client depending on what you use.

Response Signature