Views
Helpful
Replies

How to input a CUCM extension for a call handler

Yasir@1995
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have configured a system call handler in the cisco unity connection, but as per the user requirement,  after the greeting, if the user dials any extension which is configured on CUCM, it should transfer the calls to that extension. 

How can I achieve this with the current setup?

We have 2 nodes in CUCM and 1 node in CUC. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the call handler greeting enable Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers. Make sure CUC restriction table allow forwarding to  the extension which user enter.

Screenshot_41.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
this question has been asked here many times, so you search, you will find a lot of posts with the same question.
E.g. here:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cisco-unity-connection-8-5-transfer-call-to-non-voicemail-user/td-p/2171362

Thanks for your suggestion, And I found documents in the community. 

On the call handler greeting enable Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers. Make sure CUC restriction table allow forwarding to  the extension which user enter.

Screenshot_41.png

Response Signature

Hello @Nithin Eluvathingal 

Thanks for your response. I have configured the same as you suggested, and now I am able to dial extensions that are not in the Unity database. 

Hi Yasir@1995 

Now, I have the same issue "i'm not able to transfer the call to CUCM extensions " and I configured CUC handler and CUCM CTI route point, but still cannot transfer the calls.

could you share with me you solutions.

Regards,

Mahmoud Adel

On your CUC trunk configuration page in CUCM, do you have all three calling search spaces configured?

• Inbound Calling Search Space
  • Rerouting Calling Search Space
  • Out-Of-Dialog Refer Calling Search Space

All three are required for call exchange between CUCM and CUC.

Also: Double check that your CUC trunk is configured to enable (by checking the box) the "Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery" in both the Inbound and Outbound directions.

Maren

Could you let me know if you verified the restriction table in the CUC?