cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to take an empty extension and have it forward to an outside number.

James Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

So basically if i have calls coming into a outside line how can i get all those calls to be routed to a extension on the network.

I have access to two systems Cisco Unity Connection Administration version 8.6.2.20000-16 and have access to Cisco Unified CM Administration version 8.6.2.20000-2 and wanted to know how do you go about doing something like this

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I follow.

Are you asking how to send incoming calls to your system to a specific extension?

what kind of phone line is it? It is PRI, POTS line, SIP trunk? 

Chris

View solution in original post

jbroderick
Level 5
Level 5

In CUCM your can go into to Call Routing > Translation Pattern and change the number into anything else you want to dial.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

For the DDI/DID range that you have, create a translation pattern and change the dailed number to the number where you want the call to be routed. When you configure this, any number which is a more specific match (numbers already configured) will not hit this TP. For any number which is not configured, it would match this TP and route the call. Though, the recommendation would be to create the TP which matches the specific DID range only. Dont create a empty list as this could cause undesired call routings.    

You set Call Forward All on your phone or via admin or ccmuser pages to forward your calls to the penthouse telephone number.

The difference between the applications is that Unity Connection is voicemail system ad CUCM is the PBX.

HTH,

Chris

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I follow.

Are you asking how to send incoming calls to your system to a specific extension?

what kind of phone line is it? It is PRI, POTS line, SIP trunk? 

Chris

jbroderick
Level 5
Level 5

In CUCM your can go into to Call Routing > Translation Pattern and change the number into anything else you want to dial.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ok I have to admit the question I posted was not crystal clear so let me explain it in this fashion.  Lets say I have an office in New York with the extension 3031 on a Cisco IP Phone and I fly out to Vegas but I want to get all my calls from the 3031 line forwarded to a Penthouse phone number in Vegas .   This is what I think was the challenge. 

also what is the differences in these 2 programs Cisco Unity Connection Administration vs. Cisco Unified CM Administration.  In other words when do I use one over the other.

You set Call Forward All on your phone or via admin or ccmuser pages to forward your calls to the penthouse telephone number.

The difference between the applications is that Unity Connection is voicemail system ad CUCM is the PBX.

HTH,

Chris

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

For the DDI/DID range that you have, create a translation pattern and change the dailed number to the number where you want the call to be routed. When you configure this, any number which is a more specific match (numbers already configured) will not hit this TP. For any number which is not configured, it would match this TP and route the call. Though, the recommendation would be to create the TP which matches the specific DID range only. Dont create a empty list as this could cause undesired call routings.    

James Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have to admit the question I posted was not crystal clear so let me explain it in this fashion.  Lets say I have an office in New York with the extension 3031 on a Cisco IP Phone and I fly out to Vegas but I want to get all my calls from the 3031 line forwarded to a Penthouse phone number in Vegas .   This is what I think was the challenge. 

also what is the differences in these 2 programs Cisco Unity Connection Administration vs. Cisco Unified CM Administration.  In other words when do I use one over the other.

I also want to know how can I learn both of these systems inside and out because it seems like a lot of different options or are there just a few main components that is commonly used

James Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Update to original issue

Ok Fellas this is the latest to what they wanted to do:

"Create a DID at the New York office and have that number forward calls to the billing group.  So if someone dials 516 111 1111 or whatever it will ring the billing group."

Now right off the bat what is a DID and does anyone know how to do this

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

DID = "Direct inward Dial" number which in your example

would be the 516-111-1111 DN.

A nice way to create a "Dummy" or "Virtual" number in CUCM admin is

to create it as a CTI-RP (CTI-Route Point.) When you create a

CTI-RP you will be able to set a CFWD on the DN page to go staight to

the Billing Group number

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Ok i got the virtual part because that makes sense so basically when a person calls the company or extension for example 3130 that call will be forwarded to the number 516-111-1111. And this is all virtual so there isnt really an actual phone with the extension 3130.

Also when I went to create a CTI-RP it brought up this pages with a whole bunch of empty fields. Need to know what i need to put in all these fields or do i just have to fill in necessary fields.   See attached document

Hi James,

Just the basics are necessary

Device name, desc, device pool, common device, calling search space >save

and then the DN page will pop up for configuration.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Ok but if this is virtual do we make up a Device name, desc, and device pool(what is this?) , common device and calling space.....I have no idea what any of these things will do and is it relevant and will it affect anything if you put in make up names.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: